Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70

Thread: Question about grocery/beer stores

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    72
    No, only on departure.

    Depending upon where you are staying and time of day, you may very well be passing the grocery stores on your way to your resort.

    Quote Originally Posted by cattersley View Post
    Can you buy beer at the airport, the first day there I want to lay low so I was wondering if you could get it there upon arrival.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4
    I am staying at the Radison in Palm Beach, alot of people are saying places like super food, lin & sons, and King Hong have a good selection and prices, I have tried finding there prices, the only one I could find is lin & sons, and they only had american beer prices, which were outrageous, any thoughts on the other stores, or suggestions, is there any beer outlet stores, I am 7.5 km from Oranjestad...

  3. #33
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Super Foods and Certified and Kong Hing are "in front" of Lings. See below for exact location
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.531293&lon=-70.0499225&z=17&l=0&m=b in relationship to Lings location.

    Quote Originally Posted by cattersley View Post
    I am staying at the Radison in Palm Beach, alot of people are saying places like super food, lin & sons, and King Hong have a good selection and prices, I have tried finding there prices, the only one I could find is lin & sons, and they only had american beer prices, which were outrageous, any thoughts on the other stores, or suggestions, is there any beer outlet stores, I am 7.5 km from Oranjestad...

  4. #34
    Junior Member jdmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5

    Question Question about grocery/beer stores

    First trip to Aruba and I will be arriving on a Sunday around 3:30 PM. I would like to pick up some cans of Balashi and Amstel Bright and some snacks. I've heard a lot about both beers so I would like to buy some to tote on the beach. I was just curious if there are any grocery stores open this late on Sunday or if maybe the small store in the Bucuti (which is where we are staying) would have these things, reasonably priced of course . If not I assume I will have to wait until Monday and go back out and pick them up. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Can't wait to be loungin' on the beach with a cold one in hand .

  5. #35
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    the grocery stores will be closed when you arrive.
    it is possible though to order a delivery online.
    here is lings
    http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getL....do?entityId=1

    the small convenience stores will be open but prices considerably higher.

    let us know how much fun you had while in aruba!


    Quote Originally Posted by jdmutt View Post
    First trip to Aruba and I will be arriving on a Sunday around 3:30 PM. I would like to pick up some cans of Balashi and Amstel Bright and some snacks. I've heard a lot about both beers so I would like to buy some to tote on the beach. I was just curious if there are any grocery stores open this late on Sunday or if maybe the small store in the Bucuti (which is where we are staying) would have these things, reasonably priced of course . If not I assume I will have to wait until Monday and go back out and pick them up. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Can't wait to be loungin' on the beach with a cold one in hand .

  6. #36
    Enz
    Enz is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32
    By the Sasaki Round (close to Morgan's Island-the waterpark, just past Divi) there is a Texaco. Directly across from the entrance to Texaco there is a little store that is open late. It's a bit more expense than the supermarket - but much cheaper than the store in the highrise area. The cooler is always well stocked with cold beer!! Enjoy

    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.539...8&z=15&l=0&m=b

  7. #37
    Senior Member sunscreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    127
    JDMutt - have a safe flight - like the other posts, you'll be OK as even though the major mkts will be closed, there are plenty of convenience types that surely will tide you over 'til Monday. Enjoy

  8. #38
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    Cheng's Market is open 'till 9 pm on Sundays. Make the 1st right at the traffic light after the roundabout (circle) where Texaco is. On the left you will see the sign for Key Largo Casino (now closed) and The Aruban Resort.

  9. #39
    Member TDD007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34
    +1 on the Grocery stores for liquor. I highly recomend Havana Club Rum.

  10. #40
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    what does +1 mean??

    Quote Originally Posted by TDD007 View Post
    +1 on the Grocery stores for liquor. I highly recomend Havana Club Rum.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO