Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Question about grocery/beer stores

Aruba since 1979
    there is a "waiting fee" for the taxis when they stop at the grocery stores

$3 per 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by motivateddiva View Post
    Curious, do the taxi drivers charge extra if you stop at Lings on the way to the hotel? We're staying at the Marriott Surf Club and it would be easier if we could get the shopping out of the way.

best alcohol prices

I have read various places that the best place to buy vodka, hard liquor is at some place in or near the airport--have heard it is much cheaper than in the grocery store. Does anyone know the name or location of this place?

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to consider purchasing at the duty free shop in your departure airport.
    or
    another option is:
    queen beatrix aruba airport has a duty free liquor store (small but very much adequate)
    the store is located on the ground level of the arrival building, not far from the luggage carousels.
    we have purchased baileys, kahlua and vodka there.
    they also have a few name brands of american cigarettes by the carton.

Sorry, I was not very clear--we mean to purchase it when we arrive in Aruba
    the enjoy it during our stay there.

Aruba since 1979
    once you arrive in aruba
    go thru immigration
    go downstairs pick up luggage
    and...................buy your liquor at the airport duty free.
    queen beatrix ARUBA airport has a duty free liquor store (small but very much adequate)
    the store is located on the ground level of the arrival building, not far from the luggage carousels.
    they also have a few name brands of american cigarettes by the carton.
    _________________QUOTE=Andrea J.;192836]y
    queen beatrix aruba airport has a duty free liquor store (small but very much adequate)
    they also have a few name brands of american cigarettes by the carton.[/QUOTE]

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    $25 for a 1.75L of absolut at duty free while you waite for your luggage.

Aruba since 1979
    also too, even if you exceed the "duty free allowance" the prices with the tax added in at aruba customs is still cheaper than at the grocery stores.

The liquor store at the airport is your best bet, when you leave there the prices job substantially, that said, buy your own and you will still save a ton of money.

Regarding the airport duty free. We waited to buy until we arrived in Aruba. Got to duty free after baggage claim and they did not have one bottle of Vodka. Not one regardless of brand. I found the selection to be very limited. This was in November. I would suggest duty free at your departure airport to be safe.

Best place to buy booze?

I was in Aruba last month. I bought a bottle of Captain Morgan for thirty something dollars (I think it was $38). It was the exact same price at the Divi Phoenix as at the liquor store at the mini-mall by the fountain across from the Holiday Inn. However when we left Aruba, we went into the Duty Free store at the airport and it was $12 for the exact same thing. While I know it's duty free and I expect to pay more elsewhere, that's a little ridiculous.

Where is the best place to buy things like Captain Morgan Rum on the island?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast