Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Question about grocery/beer stores

I just pick up what I need at Super Foods when I do my grocery shopping. Prices are not too bad and the selection is pretty good. . . .

Tom and Stanley

is there any balashi or amstel at the airport, duty free store?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    is there any balashi or amstel at the airport, duty free store?
    Coming into Aruba, NO
    aruba.com/forum/f37/best-place-buy-liquor-beer-near-marriott-ocean-club-50884/#post201032

Departing, you can get Balashi, not sure about Brights.

duty free

I am flying delta for the first and have an hour layover in Atlanta. Will I have time to go to the duty free?

Aruba since 1979
    providing your flight into atlanta is on time.
    if you are within an hour, i would say that is cutting it close.

Quote Originally Posted by skipola View Post
    I am flying delta for the first and have an hour layover in Atlanta. Will I have time to go to the duty free?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    providing your flight into atlanta is on time.
    if you are within an hour, i would say that is cutting it close.
    I too am thinking no, yes, you will be cutting it close. Can you make the connection? Yes. Will you have time for shopping? No.

Your flight to Aruba will begin boarding 35 minutes before the flight departs? Unless you are the luckiest human alive and your arriving an departing flights were next to one another in the same concourse, at a minimum, if in the same concourse, it would take probably a minimum of 10 minutes to get from your gate of arrival to gate of departure.

Delta uses primarily concourses T, A & B. Your best bet will be if your incoming flight comes into Concourse T. If memory serves me correctly, they use this for a lot of the Embraer and smaller jets.

The only Duty free I am aware of are in Concourse T & E. Two opposite ends of the airport.

Concourse E is International arrivals so unlikely a domestic arrival would come into that concourse and it is the furthest out from T, A & B.

I agree with Andrea and Lisa, that you probably won't have time to shop. On some of our flights to Aruba, all passengers have been required to have passports rechecked at the gate desk, so, that ends up being another long line. There is a small duty free shop in the airport in Aruba right past the baggage carousal before you go through customs.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    I agree with Andrea and Lisa, that you probably won't have time to shop. On some of our flights to Aruba, all passengers have been required to have passports rechecked at the gate desk, so, that ends up being another long line. There is a small duty free shop in the airport in Aruba right past the baggage carousal before you go through customs.
    I'm in agreement with everyone also. We do a connection thru Atlanta to Aruba twice a year with usually anywhere from a 50 minute to a 1 hr 10 minute connection. Sometimes I've barely had time to go to the ladies room between flights. And yes, they will sometimes want to recheck passports and boarding passes at the gate again so that takes extra time, too. Unless you pass by the duty free shop on your way to your connecting flight, I definitely wouldn't seek it out.

One time we did arrive from MSP into Concourse E. Of course, our flight to Aruba was in Concourse T - thank God for the Tram! LOL!! But generally we arrive and depart from T, A, or B. Sometimes we're lucky and are in the same concourse for both flights and....sometimes not. I'm always amazed that (knock on wood) in that short time frame, Delta has always been able to get our luggage on our connecting flight. But I still always pack a swimsuit, shorts, and a few extra items in my carry-on in the event that I don't see my luggage for a day. Better safe than sorry.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I'm always amazed that (knock on wood) in that short time frame, Delta has always been able to get our luggage on our connecting flight. But I still always pack a swimsuit, shorts, and a few extra items in my carry-on in the event that I don't see my luggage for a day. Better safe than sorry.
    ALL excellent advice. Might I add, also, ALL medications. You only make that mistake once.

In Febuary ,I always bought my liqueur in beteewn flight at duty free ,they bring to you before you get in on the flight .And went I got to Aruba airport I was pick up my luggage The liqueur store was open ,You can buy liqueuer there that was my first time I saw this .If you miss to buy just check just next where you pick up your luggage ... Good selection and the price if I remenber was few buck more not a big difference .
    ginette

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567