Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Question on where to get fruit/vegetable juice

Question on where to get fruit/vegetable juice

Hi all! My wife (ctfirewife-mjn109), son and I are getting very excited for our trip which is just about a week away.

I was wondering if any of you veterans could help me with some information? I am looking for a "juice" bar on the island. I mean juice as in Jack Lalane type of juicing. I've been on a juice fast for a little bit now and was hoping I might still be able to get a few down the hatch while away on One Happy Island. I've just learned of a little hut at the Hyatt...its not exactly what I'm looking for but will do if there are no other juice type bars.

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Chris

You can buy freshly squezed juice at Ling and sons. They have staff squezing fruit at a counter toward the rear of the produce section. It is really good

AS

Go to Madame Jeannette and get the surf and turf. I give you credit, wish i could do what you are doing. But Aruba is no place to be on a juice fast. Too many great restaurants. ;-)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!
    For heavens sake go to Aruba and enjoy yourself, forget the juice :}

Aruba since 1979
    chris i have nothing to suggest re: juice bars....i do recommend looking into the suggestion of LINGS SUPER MKT.

For those of you that know me, either in person or only know me by photo........i am clearly overweight.

i am currently on weight watchers and down about 9 lbs since jan 13

i hope that in May, when i am back in aruba, i still have the willpower to follow my weight watcher program and i , commend chris aka ffgoo for making the attempt for following his way of eating program.
    what kind of a juicer do you have chris?
    is it an unreasonable thing to pack and bring or too big/bulky?

Quote Originally Posted by FFgoo View Post
    Hi all! My wife (ctfirewife-mjn109), son and I are getting very excited for our trip which is just about a week away.

I was wondering if any of you veterans could help me with some information? I am looking for a "juice" bar on the island. I mean juice as in Jack Lalane type of juicing. I've been on a juice fast for a little bit now and was hoping I might still be able to get a few down the hatch while away on One Happy Island. I've just learned of a little hut at the Hyatt...its not exactly what I'm looking for but will do if there are no other juice type bars.

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Chris

Thanks Andrea for the support!

@aquaman: Thanks for the recommendation about Lings, i will look into it.

@pratoman: It is very tough to not eat in all the great restraunts...however I have to use caution because I have issues with my stomach and currently have not had red meat for over 2 years. So just that makes it even harder, I loved El Gaucho's steaks. My intake this trip will be lots of fish, chicken and salads.

@cindyo: No, wasn't kidding about the post...I have never had the energy I have in my life like I do now from starting the juice fast so I really didn't want to go back to my "old" eating habits. I will however go to Aruba and enjoy One Happy Island just like all my past trips. Whether your dieting or not, it is hard to not enjoy the island, whatever your dieting needs are.

@andreaj: thank you for your words of support and I'm sure you will do just as well as I hope to the juicer is too big to bring with us, melissa and I had talked about bringing it, but it is just a bit too heavy and don't want to sacrifice the weight in my suitcase....thanks for the thought though .....6 days and counting and my last day at the fire station till we get back so its really time to get excited Thank you all for your input!
    Last edited by FFgoo; 01-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    [QUOTE=FFgoo;218006]!

@cindyo: No, wasn't kidding about the post...I have never had the energy I have in my life like I do now from starting the juice fast so I really didn't want to go back to my "old" eating habits. I will however go to Aruba and enjoy One Happy Island just like all my past trips. Whether your dieting or not, it is hard to not enjoy the island, whatever your dieting needs are.

Well God bless you for your determination !
    Hope it continues to work for you, and that you are not sick of it to quickly, and that you are able to return to a normal type of diet when you have reached your intended goal. I commend you for it....not thinking juice of any kind would work for me...so go for it. Hope you didn't take my comment out of text before.

no worries Cindyo, we're all on this for the same thing, our love for Aruba. I may have taken your initial comments a tad out of text but it is ok because everyone is entitled to their opinions and I can appreciate that. It does seem silly to go there and not endulge on all the fine establishments...and while I won't engorge myself this trip I will still find ways to enjoy myself with family and good eats, just in moderation this time

FFGoo - i guess i should apologize. I didn't mean to make light of your situation. I know how hard it is to be disciplined and I'm sure you feel good about it as you should.
    So i'll make a confession - last year i lost 25 pounds in the months leading up to my trip. I decided that there was no way i could go to Aruba and stay on the diet, which was Weight Watchers, not even a difficult diet. I just couldn't pass up Texas, Mme Jeannette and all the others. So i figured i would enjoy myself, and put on a few, and just go back to WW when i got home and take it off. I even "made up for it" by going to the gym every morning before the beach, for 11 days.
    Well, i got home, had put on 4-5 pounds, then proceeded to gain back a total of 17 of the 25 pounds i had lost before the trip. And i am having a tough time taking it off.
    So hats off to you, wish i could be that disciplined. Good luck and enjoy the trip

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    Not sure how much the juicer weights but you get a carryon for your son now.....something to think about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast