Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recommended Jewelry Shops

We were recently there and dealt with Kristies Jewels up by the High Rise area. I believe it is next to Texas De Brazil. Does anyone have experience with them?

Aruba since 1979
    Aruba Bead for Pandora or Chamilla or similar bracelet
    above thread has some chatter about that jewelry shop!

QUOTE=joec3535;260843]We were recently there and dealt with Kristies Jewels up by the High Rise area. I believe it is next to Texas De Brazil. Does anyone have experience with them?[/QUOTE]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We usually deal with Kay's. Like family, they come running when we stop in. Purchased diamond earrings, tennis bracelet, lots of earrings. Oh my, hate bragging SO please don't take this the wrong way. Quality is good, service fast, repairs done while on the island or while we wait!! Love getting a cold soda or beer while we wait to.

got DD pearls at that Pearl store downtown( Pearl Gens) the mall under Iguana Joes. The service, quality and knowledge there was fantastic. The Pearl asst they have is fantastic, the owner, a woman couldn't have been nicer. She helped pick out the right shade of Pearls for our daughter, added a gorgeous clasp and had them ready quickly. The quality was as great as my Mikki's. Graduation gift time.

not planning on hitting any stores for jewelry in Sept, I NEED nothing.
    Last edited by cindyo; 08-23-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added name of store

Don't forget to negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. On "all gold" items (no gems) pay between 33 and 38 percent of tagged price unless it is truly a piece of artwork.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Don't forget to negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. On "all gold" items (no gems) pay between 33 and 38 percent of tagged price unless it is truly a piece of artwork.
    Rob - they won't move on gems just gold?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    They moved on pearls big time

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    They moved on pearls big time
    Interesting. I would've thought there would be manoeuvre room on emeralds given the proximity to South America.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Rob - they won't move on gems just gold?
    They move on most anything at most every store (I believe that Little Switzerland is an exception). I mentioned gold because the percent is the easiest to predict, it's value being based on weight. However, pearls, gemstone earrings, watches, negotiate markdowns on all of them. When you ask for a price and they give you one, my approach is to then ask for the real selling price. Then I look over the piece carefully, ponder, and ask for a greater markdown. Sometimes I'll make an offer, sometimes I'll simply ask for them to come down more. Frequently, I'll ask for the person in charge to come over and give me their best price. You can typically get the best if you ask for owner or manager.......at least that is my approach and experience.

i would love to hear from others.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

There are so many jewelry shops in Aruba!! I always end up at Kay's because I get pretty good deals there and I don't have the energy to walk all over to compare prices. I know they are cheaper than the states because of no sales tax. Kay's has a good selection of man made colored stones. I didn't shop last year so I will definitely hit Kay's this month.

We have purchased jewelry at a number of places. I haven't seen anyone mention "Artistic". Not a dedicated jewelry store as they have many other items, but they have some unique items. My first purchase from them was a stack ring back in the early 90s. We were young and not good hagglers, but it appraised for double the price. . It is sapphire, emerald and ruby with a diamond jacket. This past June I was looking for simpler items (Pandora bead, silver palm tree pendant). Artistic downtown had a bead and a silver pendant, but I wanted to look around. When I eventually went back to get just the bead, the nice lady gave me the silver palm tree pendant. Not a huge cost on their part, but will keep me as a customer.

Also, we have had good results with Effy and a the jewelry store in the back of the parking lot across from the flea market downtown (anybody know what I'm talking about? maybe it's Kays?) Anyhow, the Aruba Nights books and other tourist flyers sometimes offer "free" stones at Effy. My teenagers eat that stuff up. My son got his girlfriend "free" earrings and matching pendant (the settings are crappy but the stones are nice) and my daughter collected a few of the gem stones and had them set here at home. Now granted, they are not top quality but the sales staff was always kind to the kids, and we did purchase a titanium ring for my DH at one stop.

No one has said anything about Colombian Emeralds. Does anyone have any comments? For our 25th anniversary my husband gave me a Colombian Emeralds bag (that my daughter had horded since our last trip) and said we will take a visit to the store on our April visit to pick something out. I told him start saving up!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast