Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rudeness at Convenience store

Rudeness at Convenience store

For the past 3 years, wife has been a cancer patient valiantly fighting stage 4 cancer. As a result of chemo and surgery her body has undergone change. I arranged a trip to CLBR for her to relax and convalesce at the end of the treatments. Today, Sat 28th Sept, she visited the store located at CLBR. This store rents from CLBR as a tenant. My wife wished to look at some swimsuits and other items. The sales assistant looked her up and down and made a particularly cruel comment, as obviously her figure has undergone change. This is not the first time that my wife and I have encountered snooty attitude at this store with their vastly overpriced merchandise. I hope they are satisfied with having reduced my wife to tears and permanently losing us as customers of 7 years. A disgrace on them and CLBR for not having a customer satisfaction standard that they expect the merchants to adhere to.
    Last edited by aquaman; 09-28-2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Clarify issue

That is just inexcusable!, I'm so sorry to hear that your wife had this type of experience. The owners of the store should be made aware.

Aruba since 1979
    Hope that management has been made aware.

Disgusting behavior.

Yes...she advised the Manager that she would never be back and why

Unacceptable. I feel like some of the people on this island are so full of themselves, that we who visit, stay here, love the island and spend money that improves their economy are treated like crap. I've see it almost every day during this visit. The problem is, there are people here that are so grateful for us visiting and spending our money that it outweighs the ungrateful ones... I'm sure it is the same anywhere. That being said, shame on the folks at CLBR. We won't ever visit there.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    someone should have told the manager of that store the power of this forum in spreading the word. This forum can make or break a place because there are so many people who visit it for recommendations, etc. Is this the place right next to the Hyatt or is it some place else?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    someone should have told the manager of that store the power of this forum in spreading the word. This forum can make or break a place because there are so many people who visit it for recommendations, etc. Is this the place right next to the Hyatt or is it some place else?
    No. The Costa Linda Beach Resort is in the low rise area. I should point out that the store in question rents space from the Costa Linda and it is not the Costa Linda at fault here

I am so very sorry too to hear that your wife was treated so badly. I am in healthcare and work in a level I Trauma Center. I have seen a lot over the past 30 years, more than anyone should ever have to bear at times. At NO TIME does anyone have the right to treat anyone that way no matter what they may think. I have experienced some rudeness myself the past 3 visits, but you are right, the ones who are great-full that we are there, more than make up for it. I know I will never visit this place after hearing this. There are many nurses and physicians I work with that have time shares and are planning trips to Aruba in the near future. This behavior almost makes me ashamed to "boast" about Aruba, but unfortunately you cannot judge the entire island by this.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Aquaman, I am so sorry to hear about this. I know that you and your wife have been through an awful lot in the past several years. We also stay at Costa Linda. While I really love most of the people who work there, I have never liked going in that store. The store staff has never been rude to me, but I've always felt that they were unfriendly. I agree that it is overpriced, but I imagine that most other resorts stores are also. The only thing I ever buy there is a few grocery items on the grocery side. After hearing about what happened to your wife, I won't be buying anything in there again. I hope that management does something about this. I hope that you and your wife can enjoy the rest of your visit.
    Last edited by hatteras; 09-29-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i think a title change would be appropriate since the store in question is not owned or managed by Costa Linda?
    Please, let me know how to proceed and if you want me to change the title to something like....
    Convenience store rudeness

something like that may be appropriate so folks will not think that any of this is Costa Linda's fault..........but the fault of the owner/management of the store that is a CL tenant.

then add in the original post by hitting EDIT " located as a tenant at CL"

imo i think that is the "fair" thing to do re: this thread.

QUOTE=aquaman;249423]No. The Costa Linda Beach Resort is in the low rise area. I should point out that the store in question rents space from the Costa Linda and it is not the Costa Linda at fault here[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast