Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rudeness at Convenience store

Andrea, I agree with you. I do not want it to appear that this is Costa Linda themselves, but rather a tenant. I would, however, hope that CLBR expect a standard of service from those tenants. Please make an appropriate change....and thanks for the assist.

Aruba since 1979
    No sweat john

i will change the title of the thread and if you care to edit post #1 feel free to do so....hit edit and make whatever addendum that I see fit and then make sure to hit save.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    It's inappropriate if a customer gets treated with rudeness. But it's really sad considering your wife's condition.

I think I would have asked for the employee's name and her position. And then inform management about her. If she had only looked at your wife in an uncomfortable way, they might have been an explanation, maybe a misunderstanding. But making a cruel comment which left your wife in tears is just unbelievably rude.

An update:++++++++++ This afternoon, my wife received a call from Roy, the owner of Water's Edge Restaurant which is also located at the Costa Linda. Roy expressed his profound apologies and concerns, as an owner/operator at the Costa Linda. He further extended to try to make things right and graciously offered an evening at Waters Edge for my wife and a partner ( as I am not in Aruba at present) This kind gesture and apology goes a long way to restoring our faith in the folks at CLBR and in Aruban kindness. I still hope that the store's owners take this matter seriously and address it with their staff.

John
    Last edited by aquaman; 09-29-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm so glad that someone has tried to make things right! I can also relate to how you are feeling. My DH is currently on a liver transplant list and his appearance has changed. We have experienced thoughtlessness but never cruelness. I pray that someone holds the clerk accountable. Maybe you should forward a link to this thread to the store owners. I would think they would see that people will think twice about giving them their business.

Aruba since 1979

that was extremely gracious of roy.
    i would guess that roy and costa linda mgmt will be in touch with the owner of the convenient store and that bobbie will hear from them sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    An update:++++++++++ This afternoon, my wife received a call from Roy, the owner of Water's Edge Restaurant which is also located at the Costa Linda. Roy expressed his profound apologies and concerns, as an owner/operator at the Costa Linda. He further extended to try to make things right and graciously offered an evening at Waters Edge for my wife and a partner ( as I am not in Aruba at present) This kind gesture and apology goes a long way to restoring our faith in the folks at CLBR and in Aruban kindness. I still hope that the store's owners take this matter seriously and address it with their staff.

John

I posted the link to this thread on their Facebook page so they are aware of it.

A further update************* My wife and I have received an email from the Resort Manager for CLBR offering apologies and forwarding a letter of apology from the store owner.

Aruba since 1979
    cool
    the majority of people in the world i think are kind and caring.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    A further update************* My wife and I have received an email from the Resort Manager for CLBR offering apologies and forwarding a letter of apology from the store owner.

Wow....as I read each comment following the original thread I too was amazed at how thoughtless the staff at this store were/are. Considering they cater to tourists you would think they would know better.....
    then as I read how gracious the restaurant owner was I felt renewed in my opinion of how sweet the aruban people are....I am glad the owner of the store sent a letter of apology, although I wonder if it would have been done had it not been for the "POWER OF THE PEN".....
    My only other comment is that the Resort Management should make it a point of telling renters that their livelyhood depends on the tourists and to belittle one (or many) could be grounds for revoking a lease and being asked to pack up and get out ......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast