Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snack food & bottled water

Snack food & bottled water

What kinds of snack foods do you recommend bringing from the mainland? Is water safe to drink? do we need bottled water? Thanks

The water is absolutely safe in Aruba as they have a top notch distillation facility. You can drink from the tap without worry. I believe it's the water that makes the Balashi beer so good. As for snacks, there are a number of grocery stores that you can visit and/or have them deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by AGHLAW View Post
    As for snacks, there are a number of grocery stores that you can visit and/or have them deliver.
    With airline weight restrictions, I would not bring my own snacks either.
    http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/home.do
    http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/getListingItemList.do?entityId=1 online shopping

Banned
    You can buy most everything you want at the grocery store, but it wouldn't hurt to bring just a few things with you in case of plane delays, on the plane snack or for times before going to grocery store. Try some cheez-its in bags, peanuts, peanut butter and cracker packs or cheese and cracker packs. these are small and light. I have them in my carry-on bag all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    You can buy most everything you want at the grocery store, but it wouldn't hurt to bring just a few things with you in case of plane delays, on the plane snack or for times before going to grocery store. Try some cheez-its in bags, peanuts, peanut butter and cracker packs or cheese and cracker packs. these are small and light. I have them in my carry-on bag all the time.
    When we fly anywhere now, taking into consideration the possibility of delays, we bring sandwiches with us as well. Unfortunately this is harder to do when leaving Aruba.

Re Arubalisa's comments; the box lunches/dinners which I have had occasion to purchase on the plane for $4.50; are no where near the good sandwiches which you can either bring from home, or purchase at the airports before departing. In most cases, purchases before flights are well worth the extra costs, if any.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "You can buy most everything you want at the grocery store"
    ----- True! Ling and Sons has everything.
    But I still bring like a box of cereal, jelly, coffee, filters, ..... as they may not have what I like.
    Ling and Sons has a good price on muffins, beer, milk, wine, .....
    Their prices are in their currency so prices look high. But they will convert total to US$$'s. Even took my Chase Visa card(will ask for a photo ID card) and charge went through in US$$ and no extra fees for conversion and no fees on charge statement.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 07-15-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Cool Buy your snacks in the grocery store.

I would buy your snacks at the grocery store as opposed to the small shops in the hotels (they are very expensive in the hotels and there is not as much variety as in the grocery stores). That being said, you will notice that prices for snacks are a little bit higher in Aruba than in the US.

DH is one of the most picky people I've ever met about his drinking water and he drinks tap water in Aruba - it's THAT good

I plan to pack as if I were going to the shore, some small items that pack well like fruit snacks, granola bars, etc. The grocery stores do have a great variety - of couse all being imported it is slightly more expensive.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Since we are staying at a timeshare with cooking facilities -- we brought alot. Coffe filters, Coffee, ziplock bags with creamer, splenda, salt&pepper, seasoning spices, rice a roni, mac-n-cheese, costco box of cheezits, animal crackers, grits, oatmeal packets, popcorn, bag of cereal, sing laundry detergents, etc.... When we arrived we bought the 'cold' stuff, fruits and veggies and meats. I think this really saved us a lot as this is all stuff we had at home already. I put the 'stuff' throughout the luggages (4 people) and there were no weight issues on the plane (American Airlines).

Also, the extra space in the luggage where the food will come in handy when we head home with 'aruba gear' from shopping.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast