Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: souveniers

souveniers

This may seem like a silly question, but I was just wondering......are there Arubian souveniers made in Aruba or is it like when I went to Alaska and the genuine Alaskan souveniers were stamped made in China or Tiawan? I like to purchase Christmas Tree ornaments when I go to different places, will they be selling them in October?

Island made souvenirs

Souvenirs

I highly recommend local artwork.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-09-2011 at 05:04 PM.

We found blue delft Christmas ornaments there - very nice. Not sure where they were made (possibly Netherlands?), but blue delft can be found all over the island since it is Dutch. I'm sure there are knock offs around, too!

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "......are there Arubian souveniers made in Aruba"
    ------ Yes.
    Some of the resorts have local artist come in 1 night a week to sell their wares. Check at your front desk to find out resort closest to you that does that.
    If interest in paintings done by local artist have dinner here one night.
    http://www.gasparito.com/
    The paintings are in the inside dinning rooms.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 05-10-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Any information about Bon Bini festival? where is it and what night is it on?

Aruba since 1979
    BON BINI FESTIVAL
    The Bon Bini Festival takes place every Tuesday at 6:30 pm in the outdoor courtyard of historical Fort Zoutman. An engaging emcee introduces traditionally-costumed folkloric dancers, local musical genres such as the mazurka and the waltz, and instruments such as the cuarta (four-stringed rhythmic guitar), wiri, raspu, and caja di orgel, affectionately called the “ting-a-ling box”. Originally from Italy and first made on Aruba in 1938, this barrel organ is a cylinder of a few thousand nails spaced various heights and distances apart and plays different songs with the turn of a handle. The rhythmic music of the steel pan, originally developed in the English Caribbean from oil drums, also adds a touch of local color. The works of talented artists and artisans are on sale as are authentic culinary specialties.

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    Any information about Bon Bini festival? where is it and what night is it on?

Exclamation

“Show is temporarily canceled” 3 of 5 stars
    Date of review: Apr 7, 2011

After a nice walk and a bit of searching, we finally found the place. Only there was a sign on the door stating that the show is canceled while it is being reworked. We ran into at least 25 other people walking around whom we notified of this. We were disappointed because we heard good things about the show. Check to be sure the show is on before you head out.
    "

Depends on what type of ornaments you are looking for? A couple of years ago I found several cute ornaments in town in several little stores. They were glass with sand and sea shells in them and Aruba in the front of them. Price wise they varied from $8.00 to $12.00. These stores were located by the Ships downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Island made souvenirs

Souvenirs

I highly recommend local artwork.
    I brought back two more small paintings for my wife when I came back. We have a house full of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I brought back two more small paintings for my wife when I came back. We have a house full of it now.
    At 14 pieces, our wall space is maxed out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast