Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Souvenir Ideas

Souvenir Ideas

So, unlike most on this board that may need to thank a pet sitter for caring for their canine companion or a neighbor for watching their place while they're gone, I...as "Lead Mare" of a farmed animal rescue charity...need to show appreciation to over a dozen volunteers who will oversee the care of 100+ critters at the sanctuary during my short vacation.

While they don't expect a gift, I like to get them something small for their help. I try to get them something 'from the location I'm at' that would be something they couldn't get in Florida. So, heading to Aruba, I'm looking for ideas. Initially, I'm thinking of Aloe Vera as I believe it's one of the few things actually made on the island. Any other ideas?
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Dutch chocolate bars would be my choice. Verkade is my favorite especially the hazlenut or white cocolate versions.

Do you know if they contain cow's milk? Anything we give needs to be vegan. Obviously, aloe vera is plant-based so no worries there. And some dark chocolate is free of animal products so it might be a possibility.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Oh, sorry I forgot that point and I'm not sure whether or not they use cow's milk. The Aruba Aloe stuff is great but you can actually purchase it cheaper online when you're home. It's expensive. They do run frequent online sales though.

Maybe some Aruba hot sauce. The Hot Delight brand has a papaya and Madame Janette version

Yes, the hot sauces is a great idea.
    A nice ornament for their Christmas tree. If they drink some nice rum or other liquor from the island.

Aruba since 1979
    i like the hot sauce idea. good selection at superfoods!

how about visiting the donkey sanctuary , taking a few photos, print them at home , mat them and give to the volunteers that are covering your furry or feathered friends.

or

visit these threads for other ideas

Incredibly unique Aruba Art (souvenirs/gifts)

Arubas Hands . Lovely handmade, Aruba Made.

Artistan Shop @ LaCabana

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Not everyone would like the hot sauce so I would suggest refrigerator magnets. Aruba has some great ones and they are usually like 2 or 3 dollars. I always buy one or two when i am there and everyone uses magnets. I have flip flop ones, iguana ones, half moons, the sun.
    Last edited by gaby; 09-30-2017 at 06:40 PM.

We like to get friends personalized license plates from Scott's Brats. Could get a bit expensive for a dozen folks, but they'll last forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast