Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Souvenir shopping list

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.

Souvenir shopping list

Folks,

we are planning to take home a few gifts not only for us and our parents/brothers/sisters/nephews, but also for the people who paid for some of the activities/meals we are having in Aruba (something we did for our wedding was allowing guests to buy parts of our honeymoon instead of the traditional gifts).

Of course we want to avoid the tacky made in China stuff, and so far we've seen a few things that we liked:
    Aruba Aloe products - very useful, the alcoholada and burn aid gels are working wonders for Cristina and I!
    Dutch Delft pottery - I know it's not Aruba made, but we did consider it because after all it's Dutch territory and some items are really beautiful.
    Artwork - somewhere here in the high rise area we saw the works of an artist whose name seems to be Maria Onni, or something like it. We liked them.
    Larimar jewellery - Cristina loved the color of the stones.

What do you think? Any additional suggestions? We can't carry big items, just smaller ones.

Cheers from the Radisson

Marcio

Aruba since 1979
    yrs ago we bought my parents a delft nativity set.
    gorgeous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    Folks,

we are planning to take home a few gifts not only for us and our parents/brothers/sisters/nephews, but also for the people who paid for some of the activities/meals we are having in Aruba (something we did for our wedding was allowing guests to buy parts of our honeymoon instead of the traditional gifts).

Of course we want to avoid the tacky made in China stuff, and so far we've seen a few things that we liked:
    Aruba Aloe products - very useful, the alcoholada and burn aid gels are working wonders for Cristina and I!
    Dutch Delft pottery - I know it's not Aruba made, but we did consider it because after all it's Dutch territory and some items are really beautiful.
    Artwork - somewhere here in the high rise area we saw the works of an artist whose name seems to be Maria Onni, or something like it. We liked them.
    Larimar jewellery - Cristina loved the color of the stones.

What do you think? Any additional suggestions? We can't carry big items, just smaller ones.

Cheers from the Radisson

Marcio

A few years ago I bought a colored glass palm tree Christmas ornament, for myself, at TH Palm. Since then, I've brought a couple back as gifts.

I remember my buddy and me being dragged into town to go shopping with "the girls". We ended up in a shop that sold linens - tablecloths, napkins, and a whole host of other stuff of that kind. According to friend's wife, they had great prices and quality. I believe the goods were all made in Europe. Not sure if it was the Netherlands, or other country.

The shop is located in the shopping structure that houses Iguana Joe's downtown. I can't say if it was upstairs or down but it's a small shopping area to search.

Ecco http://www.ecco-aruba.com/ on Mainstreet has a large selection of Delft Blue.

Where can I find the delft nativity set? That sounds wonderful!