Aruba Beach

Thread: Stupid Shopping Question

Stupid Shopping Question

This is a dumb question but I was wondering if like in other carribean port cities, can you purchase cheap, fake sunglasses in the streets?? I really need sunglasses for this trip but dont wanna spend a fortune. I know I got some cheap fake oakleys in St Thomas a few years ago.

Jax

Not on the streets but there are a couple of sunglass shops that sell the fake ones (knock-offs) downtown. If I remember correctly they ran anywhere from $15-$60 depending on the "brand".
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I think they are also available at the open market that is on the weekends on the way to town.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

I have found that it's the transient sellers that set up their tables here and there that sell the fakes, for example my daughter and I bought Louise V., Chanel and Prada purses for 2 for $60 and one for $45.
    Fakes I'm sure, but I don't care, there are amazing quality! and have all the correct hardware, like fake chanel won't be two "C"s but two "o"s, but this stuff looked as real as they come.
    They had Rolex's, Cartier and stuff like that, it's a hit or miss. We were staying at the Tamarjin mid-July and on Thursday evenings they set up 'shop'

Quote Originally Posted by karebear70 View Post
    I have found that it's the transient sellers that set up their tables here and there that sell the fakes, for example my daughter and I bought Louise V., Chanel and Prada purses for 2 for $60 and one for $45.
    Fakes I'm sure, but I don't care, there are amazing quality! and have all the correct hardware, like fake chanel won't be two "C"s but two "o"s, but this stuff looked as real as they come.
    They had Rolex's, Cartier and stuff like that, it's a hit or miss. We were staying at the Tamarjin mid-July and on Thursday evenings they set up 'shop'
    My wife agrees... She got one of the best knock off purses she has ever purchased at the divi/tam last year... She said the quality was perfect. They even had knockoff watches that were pretty nice.... Automatic Movements and all!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Yep, you can buy the knockoff's on the street behind the Renaissance Marina towers...sunglasses, purses...my teens are happy they are there...they hava bought coach, Micheal Kors, and a few others.....you can bargain with the shop owners also...they aren't out on the street, but in the back part of most of the stores....

Of course knock off sunglasses darken things and dilate your pupils and, without UV protection, expose your eyes' lens to more UV.... accelerating cataracts. Boy, am I a kill-joy!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I have gotten more compliments from strangers on my Prada purse, I am going to bring extra cash next year to stock up on Christmas gifts. The quality is excellent.