• 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By AUA1989

Thread: Sunblock "bargains"

Aruba since 1979

Sunblock "bargains"

Seen any great deals on sunblock?

For those of you with an upcoming aruba trip.........
    check out ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322301999824

paul and i have been buying hawaiian tropic spray for the past 6+ months.
    this stuff is good
    and the price is awesome

paul and i go thru 2 cans a week, because we spend 2+ hours a day at the pool.
    sure, the lotion might be more economical...but this stuff is easy.

(hint.....spray on indoors 1st before you head out BUT it may cause slippery floors...be careful)

Good info, thanks. I am looking for a higher SPF though and will keep looking around.

Glad to see this thread re-appear, just got a great deal on our favorite sunscreen - Bullfrog. I never considered ebay. Thanks, Andrea!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss913 View Post
    Good info, thanks. I am looking for a higher SPF though and will keep looking around.
    In the ebay search, you can specify the SPF, we rarely use anything under 50.

Aruba since 1979
    the 30 spf neutrogena is what we have been using for a few years has been working well for us.
    typically i am in the pool from 11 am to 1 or 2 pm and rarely sit out except in the winter.....it is too hot otherwise...no aruba breeze.
    i spray down in the morning before i put on my bathing suit and then spray down sometimes when i get out of the pool part way thru to use the bathroom.

i do wear lip goop zinc oxide (spf 45) a hat and sunglasses.
    day and and day out for us we use the spray. sometimes aldi, sometimes no ad, but mostly neutrogena wet skin spf 30. (on eBay)
    the last time i had a sunburn was in aruba in may and it was on my lips. i aruba aloe lip goop on, and it did a crummy job.

ebay is my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    In the ebay search, you can specify the SPF, we rarely use anything under 50.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-SUNSCREEN...%257Ciid%253A2

i just ordered some more.
    30 spf works well for us.

I have a sunblock questions for you all which has nothing to do with Aruba... my son is allergic to almost all sunblock we have tried. He breaks out in an eczema type rash anywhere the sunblock hits. Do any of you have recommendations for a good mineral based sunblock?

Aruba since 1979
    Cereva is a great product with zinc oxide.

Love, love Hawaiian Tropic, and just saw some deals on eBay. (Just a friendly reminder, watch the shipping charges. You can get a deal on the price, but with added it shipping it could become more costly than what can be purchased at our local CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens.) I apply and reapply OFTEN, probably every 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. I don't burn, but still get a nice tan.

And for anyone wondering, one year I decided to forego putting sunscreen in my luggage (to save on the weight;
    that was silly) and buy it once I arrived in Aruba. Not only was the sunscreen 2x, sometimes 3x, the cost of what I could have gotten at home, it was a waste of time going to buy it at any of the hotel stores. Mostly because of sticker shock and running around trying to find it cheaper. That was a failed experiment, and I will take it with me. 2 8oz bottles is just a tad over a pound I believe.