Aruba Beach

Thread: supermarket location & ? on duty free

supermarket location & ? on duty free

First, thanks Andrea J and all other Aruba experts for all the GREAT information!!!!!

1.) We're staying at the Radisson this time for 1 week. Which supermarket is recommended for munchies, bottled water, balahsi and am I correct in thinking we'd walk there and then take a taxi back?

2.) When we land in Aruba is there a duty free shop in the airport where we can buy some 'better priced' bottles of booze to take to our room or is that only if we're leaving or??? or is it recommeded we buy the booze at the supermarket?

10 days until wheels up!!

Aruba since 1979
    you are most welcome

there is a grocery store on palm beach rd "kong fui"
    my experiences with that market is that sometimes there is not a heck of a decent selection.
    i would recommend taking the bus to lings or to certified or the new "super food"

yes there is a duty free store in the luggage area at the aruba airport arrivals section.
    we have been lucky and not so lucky in that shop.
    last few times we were there, they had a special on 2 baileys for i think about $37. but this past trip they only had the specialty "flavored baileys" for that 2 for $37 and they had no kahlua regular flavor.
    so, i guess that particular duty free might be a crap shoot.
    if you have the opportunity, check the duty free at your departing or connecting airport.

try to avoid buying the booze in the grocery stores. about 35% + higher than at duty free.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtimes View Post
    First, thanks Andrea J and all other Aruba experts for all the GREAT information!!!!!

1.) We're staying at the Radisson this time for 1 week. Which supermarket is recommended for munchies, bottled water, balahsi and am I correct in thinking we'd walk there and then take a taxi back?

2.) When we land in Aruba is there a duty free shop in the airport where we can buy some 'better priced' bottles of booze to take to our room or is that only if we're leaving or??? or is it recommeded we buy the booze at the supermarket?

10 days until wheels up!!