Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SuperMarket & milk question

Quote Originally Posted by dalidaz View Post
    we are arriving saturday at 2:45 pm
    i will try to call and see if i can pay them in advance and they reserve me some...

does the hotels carry them (i dont mind paying more!)
    The hotel store at Playa Linda did have McArthur milk (from Florida) last month if it is not available at the Mariott. It is walkable from the Marriott.

The prices are cheaper at the other grocery stors if you can make it there. If you are arriving on Sat. the grocery stores will be open until 8:00 and Sunday until 1:00.
    Last edited by Tom and Karen; 04-09-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

i arrive saturday at 2:45pm... but i am affraid by the time i arrive and get to the grocery stores they will be all out!...

knowing the hotel has the milk is letting me worry a bit less...
    thanks guys

Hi,
    First, enjoy Aruba, You will have a great time. There are several grocery stores that are all nearby each other. Ling and Son, Certified, Hong King (I think thats it) and Super Foods. 2 of them (I think it is Hong King and Superfoods) are in close walking distance, and I wouldnt worry about your frozen pizza melthing on the way. Also, Since some markets carry some products, but they dont all always have everything, I would recommened taking a cab to one, then walk to the other if needed.

We got good "american" milk at both. They have a lot of American products, and a lot of dutch products, as welll as other international groceries. The only thing we had trouble finding this time was vegetable baby food for our grandson. Lots of frut baby food but limited vegetable. Otherwise we stocked our pantry and were fine.

Our tip: We rent a car every time, just for the convenience of having it to go to dinner, shopping, touring, but you certainly dont have to. We go shopping the first day, to make sure we have what we need, and to make sure we use it up before the end of the week. Maybe the first time you cab it, if there is another trip to Aruba, you will feel more comfortable renting a car.

Enjoy your trip.

Dalidaz - Also, the Marriott has a store in each of the 3 hotels. THey usually have milk. Okay, I am here now, time to get back to the beach!

Thanks Vicky! enjoy Aruba... I CAN NOT WAIT!!! only 22 more sleeps to go

I am less worried now knowing the the Marriott has the milk, but i will still place an order online with Ling & Sons and ask them to deliver it to make sure i have that... as for the rest i am not too worried... it was just mostly her milk!!

thanks again! go enjoy the beach!! )

No prblem getting Milk at Lings during the past 2 visits this week...cindyo
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

the parmalet idea is a great one! I would double ziplock it though! you never know how your luggage is squished and beat up in the cargo area! I am going to do this one this year! thanks a bunch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12