Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surf Club and Lings Question

Surf Club and Lings Question

Hi everyone. I will be leaving at the end of the month to stay at the Surf Club for the first time. I was planning on having some groceries delivered from Lings but have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm arriving on a Saturday, do they deliver on Saturdays? Their website says no deliveries on Sundays, but when they give their delivery hours they only mention Monday to Friday, no mention of Saturdays. Also, if they do deliver on Saturdays and my order gets to the hotel before I do, will the surf club hold it for me? Also does anyone know what kind of coffee pots are in the surf club? I know its a full kitchen, but is it still the typical mini hotel coffee pot with the prepackaged coffee in the filter? Or a real pot that you need real filters and coffee for?

Thanks for your help!

Aruba since 1979
    i am going to move this to the timeshare category

we have some SC timeshare owners there that may be able to answer your questions.

and copy to the "general section due to the lings question"

Quote Originally Posted by jflo11 View Post
    Hi everyone. I will be leaving at the end of the month to stay at the Surf Club for the first time. I was planning on having some groceries delivered from Lings but have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm arriving on a Saturday, do they deliver on Saturdays? Their website says no deliveries on Sundays, but when they give their delivery hours they only mention Monday to Friday, no mention of Saturdays. Also, if they do deliver on Saturdays and my order gets to the hotel before I do, will the surf club hold it for me? Also does anyone know what kind of coffee pots are in the surf club? I know its a full kitchen, but is it still the typical mini hotel coffee pot with the prepackaged coffee in the filter? Or a real pot that you need real filters and coffee for?

Thanks for your help!

They used to deliver on Saturdays. This is what used to appear on their website
    Online Shopping @ Ling & Sons
    Delivery times
    We deliver from Monday to Saturday with time slots of (10:00am - 12:00pm) and (2:00pm - 4:00pm). We don't deliver on Sundays.

All orders must be received by 12noon for next day delivery.

Delivery charge/Pick-up charge
    $3 pick-up charge for instore pick-up of customer,
    $8 for delivery to customer ($3 pick-up charge plus $5 delivery charge. For every failed delivery add $5).

Minimum order limit of $50 or Afl. 88,50.
    Restocking Fee of $10 in the case of cancelled orders. (Please read the Legal Disclaimer for more information)
    Payment Options
    Credit card transaction is the preferred method of payment. For those who cannot provide their credit card number online, please contact us at 297-5832370 or e-mail us at info@lingandsons.com for more information.
    Delivery locations
    We deliver to Oranjestad, and Hotel & timeshare areas only.
    Prices are subject to change without notice. All products are subject to availability.

Please read the Legal Disclaimer before shopping.
    Perhaps now it is seasonal? I would contact them directly for the exact details. http://www.lingandsons.com/contact/

Forum member Randi has her storage bin delivered to the Surf Club each stay and it is stored in the luggage room until she arrives. Perhaps Ling handles their deliveries in the same way with the Surf Club? Timeshare Storage?

Also see the info at 1st trip to Aruba booked! Grocery store?

Aruba Surf Club

Aruba since 1979
    i often wondered about items that need refrigeration?
    does the SC have facilities to refrigerate stuff that lings delivers?

I was under the impression (from some people who had delivery from Lings a couple of years ago) that you MUST be there for delivery to sign for it. If you're not, they will not deliver the food.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I was under the impression (from some people who had delivery from Lings a couple of years ago) that you MUST be there for delivery to sign for it. If you're not, they will not deliver the food.
    That sounds reasonable to me. I could easily imagine the stuff being delivered (even if you did not order refrigerated items) and insert the name of your resort and someone either swiping your groceries or disappearing into the great beyond...

If you take the bus to Lings from the Surf Club, shop with a preplanned list and take a taxi back to the Surf Club, how long do you think it would take time wise from beginning to end for goodies for a one week vacation?

Aruba since 1979
    my answer to your last sentence would be 2 hrs, tops.
    maybe shorter.
    taking a taxi TO and FROM would be my opinion as waiting for a bus in the heat would be a turn off for me.

if it were me, i would do it as early on into the vacation as possible.
    even before checking in to the resort.

even if it meant asking the driver that took me from the airport to wait.
    i would gladly pay the waiting fee, just so that i could get the chore done and out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    That sounds reasonable to me. I could easily imagine the stuff being delivered (even if you did not order refrigerated items) and insert the name of your resort and someone either swiping your groceries or disappearing into the great beyond...

If you take the bus to Lings from the Surf Club, shop with a preplanned list and take a taxi back to the Surf Club, how long do you think it would take time wise from beginning to end for goodies for a one week vacation?

Arrow

sorry...
    Last edited by DANNYO; 04-12-2011 at 05:15 PM.

As for the coffee pot,its a Mr Coffee type they give you plenty of filters,if you need more just ask the maids that do the rooms they will give you more.

Thanks everyone for the info. I did consider stopping at the store on our way from the airport, however, after a long flight I don't see that sitting to well with my husband and 2 little ones! We're only going to be there for 5 days - I think I'll just pack whatever snacks for the kids I can in my luggage and wing it from there! I know it will be more expensive, but does the store in the Marriott have simple groceries like half and half, waffles, chips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast