Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any grocery stores near Renaissance Marina hotel?

Are there any grocery stores near Renaissance Marina hotel?

Since we will have a fridge, was looking to buy some beer and bottled water, and was wondering if there was some where close to buy this, or should i ask Bully on way to Hotel to stop off to get supplies?

thanx

Aruba since 1979
    there is a small convenience store located in the mall across the street.
    (prices are notoriously high there and the clerks follow you around as if shoplifting is on your mind............. :-(

there is/was a hong king grocery store on the road behind the marina. i was in there once a few years ago and it was somewhat run down and had nothing that was on my list. i felt it was rather dumpy. imo, skip this one too.

take the taxi another mile up the road to lings or certified and get the few things you'll need at better savings.

the tap water in aruba is WONDERFUL, so bring a few empty water bottles from home and fill them at the hotel.
    you will even notice that coca cola and diet coke are better tasting than at home.
    they are bottled on aruba and again, they use aruba water.

the local beer is balashi and lots LOVE it.
    i like it, but prefer amstel brights.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thought Hong King is dumpy, it has everything you could need by snacks, waters, sodas, and their prices on booze is really good. We use it to stock up on bagged sn,acks, nuts,cereals, milk, bottled water and gouda cheese, crackers...convienent YES, dumpy Yes..

I agree with CindyO....Hong King is a dump and I would never buy meats there. That said, how can you go wrong with bottled water and beer.....and other sealed things. They have hard liquor too. The prices are comprable to Ling & Sons for water, liquor and beer.

It is x-street from Renaissance Marina Tower.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Though I will say in defence of Hong King (I'll assume you're speaking of the one behind the harbour on the little backstreet) that I did score the deal of a lifetime.
    4 pair of incredible sunglasses for (ready for this?) $4. Yup, $1 a pair, and no, they're not ridiculous or cheap, they just happened to be what I was looking for and in the right place at the right time.

And on the note of liquor/alcohol, the Lady and I found a little bottle of RED Absinthe.... I don't know if any of you are familiar with this drink, but, red's not the usual colour. A bit of a treat/score to say the least. I recall it being called Absinte Rouge.

One joy of travelling, the experience of the wonderful, diverse things we do...

It's Monday, we're on the beach this upcoming Sunday.... how exactly DO you speed up that clock thing?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Ling and Sons or Certified Supercenter

Does anyone have an opinion which grocery is the better overall and why? Thanks all!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyc View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion which grocery is the better overall and why? Thanks all!

i personally like Ling and Sons. Feels like home. Has all the stuff from home as well as some great international stuff. Good produce, great cheeses and coldcuts, liquor selection...the only downside is they don't take double coupons LOL..and oh by the way, they deliver from online orders.

Thanks. Ling and Sons' has a website and it looks great. I was leaning towards them to pick up a few things for our mini fridge. It looks as if I may have to cut back ?? on the beer due to the prices here....I probably won't, we're on vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    if your fridge is too small............................................. ..................
    when we have been at places that had no fridge or tiny fridge and we needed to keep things on ice and also had no cooler with us.........we used one of the wastebaskets, lined with a plastic bag and loaded with ice. added ice a couple of times a day. kept it in the bathtub. (i did learn a "few" things in college, this was one of them. )

soft sided collapsable coolers can be purchased at walmart or target........that will do better than a wastebasket.

Lings sells styrofoam coolers !

When it comes down to where we would and do shop for actual food, it's Lings hands down.
    Best selection of the two, and frankly, the appearance and sense of cleanliness go an awful long way...
    As for prices... could be a little more reasonable, but the truth is you get what you pay for. Quality and selection come at a price when you're a long way from home.

3 days plus and counting til the return...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast