Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: things you can buy cheap in Aruba (to save on the baggage allwance at the airport)

abj
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreamay View Post
    we'll be staying at the "Tamarijn" will they provide towels for the beach and for the hotel room shower.
    thankyou
    andreamay

just got back from the tam. yes they have towels for the shower. they also give you cards for beach towels. you give them the card they give you a nice big towel. at the end of the day you trade the towel in for another or get your cards back. you need your towel cards at checkout. we also requested extra towels for the room. at the tam you can also get snorkel equipment that has to be retuned daily by 5:30 pm. you'll like that place. right out the room and onto the beach and into the clear blue water.

abj
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMadhouse View Post
    The thread title ask's "Things you can buy CHEAP in Aruba" While I do agree that the Aruba Aloe (Aruba Aloe is the brand name) Sun Block is awesome, personally I wouldn't consider it cheap, especially when you consider the amount you will be using. "Aruba Aloe" has a complete line of Sun Screen, Sun Burn, and After Sun Products. I would consider bringing some regular Sun Screen from home and buying some of the "Aruba Aloe" products there (say 50% from home and 50% bought in Aruba). If you use the Sun Screen properly you hopefully won't have any need for the Sun Burn Products (but they do work excellent). The After Sun Products really help to sooth your skin after a day on the beach. Plan on enough Sun Screen for a typical Non Aruba vacation, and then double it. Having more and not needing it is far better than needing it and not having it . I always buy plenty of "Aruba Aloe" Products to bring home with me, as they really some of the best that I've tryed.

lol.. yea its not "cheap" but it was definatley better then the stuff i brought from home. it stayed on all day unlike the so called water proof stuf i brought from home.

Plan on enough Sun Screen for a typical Non Aruba vacation, and then double it. Having more and not needing it is far better than needing it and not having it
    i agree 100%

The older I get, the more I need "my things". I used to be able to get away with one suitcase (50 lbs). Since hotels dont have laundry FACILITIES, I find that for 8-8 days I need to bring a second smaller suitcase. I split the toiletries between the two cases.

Now this works for JET BLUE because they only charge (at least right now) $20 for a second suitcase (otherwise its $50 for overweight). I admit 2 cases is a big nuisance, but i dont see any way around it. Sometimes I can only wear shorts/t-shirt for a few hours and I literally have to PEEL it off.......

The best thing I can suggest it to color coordinate. Keep colors to a minimum, black, white and one color - then everything mixes and matches (but keep in mind that black absorbs heat so maybe a color other than black.)

Aruba since 1979
    I love the Aruba Aloe products and find they are priced less at Lings Mkt than anywhere else on island.One thing i do not like is the aerosol spray sunblock that is made by Coppertone and i think also Banana Boat. Those aerosols just seem to run out so very quickly and are priced very high on island.Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMadhouse View Post
    The thread title ask's "Things you can buy CHEAP in Aruba" While I do agree that the Aruba Aloe (Aruba Aloe is the brand name) Sun Block is awesome, personally I wouldn't consider it cheap, especially when you consider the amount you will be using. "Aruba Aloe" has a complete line of Sun Screen, Sun Burn, and After Sun Products. I would consider bringing some regular Sun Screen from home and buying some of the "Aruba Aloe" products there (say 50% from home and 50% bought in Aruba). If you use the Sun Screen properly you hopefully won't have any need for the Sun Burn Products (but they do work excellent). The After Sun Products really help to sooth your skin after a day on the beach. Plan on enough Sun Screen for a typical Non Aruba vacation, and then double it. Having more and not needing it is far better than needing it and not having it . I always buy plenty of "Aruba Aloe" Products to bring home with me, as they really some of the best that I've tryed.

abj
    The best thing I can suggest it to color coordinate. Keep colors to a minimum, black, white and one color - then everything mixes and matches

as a guy i didn't have to worry about. i'm always mismatched...lol

thanks to you all for taking time to reply
    andreamay

Aruba since 1979
    that's what we are here for!
    we ask, we answer, we ponder
    post often
    andrea j
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreamay View Post
    thanks to you all for taking time to reply
    andreamay

Overpacking.....This is a problem with my wife and myself every trip we go on. We never learn! I can't blame my wife because I am just as bad being a metro sexual guy. My tolietries sometimes out weigh hers! Now that we have kids 2yrs and 4 yrs they have to have at least 1 outfit if not 2 per day. Every year when we are packing our stuff to go home we always look and laugh but that's part of each vacation. Sorry getting off subject here, as far as stuff to buy cheap the only thing we buy before we go is cologne/perfume, maybe some jewelry, and a certain kind of cigars. shhh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12