Aruba Beach
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By gaby
  • 8 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By act1966

Thread: Venezuelan's and the beer situation?

Venezuelan's and the beer situation?

Just checking in to what to expect when I get there. Are they still buying it off the shelves?

I did not get to visit the supermarket on this trip but I heard they started enforcing rules on who the let in to aruba. They have to carry cash I think $500 for a set number of days and more for a longer stay. If they don't have the cash and are just carrying credit cards they will not let them pass immigration and they will be put but back on a plane to Venezuela.

Thank you Ace.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Been to Lings twice, Super Foods twice, never saw a problem.

We had no problems at Superfoods. The beer aisle was well stocked. At the rate we are going we may be more of a problem than the Venezuelans
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by traceyd14 View Post
    we had no problems at superfoods. The beer aisle was well stocked. At the rate we are going we may be more of a problem than the venezuelans
    lolllllllllll

Ha ha ha.. Good one Tracy!

I also bought beer at a mini market at la cabana the first day because I was too lazy to go to Superfoods which was a 15 minute walk for me or 30 minutes round trip. Usually I walk and cab it back for $7.00 because I buy too much. I paid $20 for 6 Balashi from La Cabana Mini store but I noticed the receipt had 3 different taxes that came out to 4.5%. Unbelievable! I also bought a few cold beers at The Market At the Allahambra mini mall and it was cheaper about $2.69 each and only a small local tax. They also have large Pastechi for $2 at the deli there. Its like an empanada but better. Goes good with a beer. I had a ham and gouda which was awesome. I which i had bought a few to go. Next time!

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Ha ha ha.. Good one Tracy!

I also bought beer at a mini market at la cabana the first day because I was too lazy to go to Superfoods which was a 15 minute walk for me or 30 minutes round trip. Usually I walk and cab it back for $7.00 because I buy too much. I paid $20 for 6 Balashi from La Cabana Mini store but I noticed the receipt had 3 different taxes that came out to 4.5%. Unbelievable! I also bought a few cold beers at The Market At the Allahambra mini mall and it was cheaper about $2.69 each and only a small local tax. They also have large Pastechi for $2 at the deli there. Its like an empanada but better. Goes good with a beer. I had a ham and gouda which was awesome. I which i had bought a few to go. Next time!
    Good info! I love pastechi so if we end up in that area I will get one for sure.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

There's tons of beer at Ling's, Superfood and Price Smart. No worries.