Aruba Beach

Thread: Weird beer question

Weird beer question

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll start here. I was wondering if anyone knew if they carried Strongbow beer in Aruba. I know this is kind of a weird question but I don't like any of the 'normal' beers and this is a cider beer that doesn't really taste like beer (probably why I like it =)
    I'm doubting that any of the bars would carry it but was wondering if I would be able to buy this at a store- grocery or liquor ?

Thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by arubaweddingbound View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this so I'll start here. I was wondering if anyone knew if they carried Strongbow beer in Aruba. I know this is kind of a weird question but I don't like any of the 'normal' beers and this is a cider beer that doesn't really taste like beer (probably why I like it =)
    I'm doubting that any of the bars would carry it but was wondering if I would be able to buy this at a store- grocery or liquor ?

Thanks =)
    I have been in many stores and never seen or even heard of that one. I am doubting it but ya never know. Good luck.

Don't know if you will find Strongbow, but Ling & Sons is your best bet. Nice cider!

Strongbow is cider and you might have more luck finding another more common brand on Aruba such as woodpecker. I like cider occasionally and find it more refreshing when I'm warm than beer.

Strongbow.... sorry mate, not going to find it, unless it packs itself in your bag.
    Cider's non-existent on the island. Not sure why, considering there is big influx over the last few years of British tourists, but hey, one can only hope someone catches on.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by arubaweddingbound View Post
    I know this is kind of a weird question but I don't like any of the 'normal' beers and this is a cider beer that doesn't really taste like beer (probably why I like it =) [...]

It's not a weird question, and I have no doubts why you don't like ordinary beer - it tastes like the urine of the horse... especially these so-called premium beers from highest shelves - Miller, Bud, Coors - who the heck can drink such ****?

Don't worry, I was a dedicated beer ignorant until I tasted a craft beer made by home brewer. Believe me, a tasteless "beer" MANUFACTURED by big companies where the most important thing for them is to increase the incomes, has nothing to do with REAL refreshing and tasteful BREWED beer - full of B vitamins, natural ingredients (no preservatives! or artificial additives) and unusual thick foam - something you can barely find in the most popular brands...

No matter where you are on this planet, instead of buying Bud, Miller or other urine in the bottles, try always to check if there is any microbrewery located near. These are the places where you can taste even up to 25 different kinds of beers - not only lager - so popular that it should be forbidden to drink!

In micro- breweries/pubs you can find most likely non pasteurised beers full of flavour and with full variety of vitamins and minerals. How healthy it is I don't need to tell you I guess!

Try once and I do believe you will enjoy the real beer!

Thomas from Poland
    www beercoasters pl

PS. I am curious how is Balashi beer - never had any occassion to taste it...

You need to make a trip to Seattle, WA. USA, micro breweries galore! Heaven to your taste buds. Don't remember the dates(summer), but they have a micro brewerery fest.

You might find it in Aruba since it is owned by Heineken.

Thanks for the reply's everyone
    I think maybe i'll pack a couple in my luggage and then maybe hopefully be able to find something similiar in the store.
    I've never tried a microbrewery-I'll have to see if we have any here in MN and check it out -thanks