Aruba Beach
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SanNic44
  • 1 Post By Mr. Ratt
  • 1 Post By Mr. Ratt
  • 2 Post By Mr. Ratt

Thread: What is "Rat Land"

What is "Rat Land"

I keep passing by this building in Palm Beach that has a sign that says "Rat Land". My wife and I can't figure out what it is. There is usually no one there. It does say Tattoos but it is a pretty large building for a tattoo parlor.

So what is it?

Rat Land is a sort of eclectic clothing and accessory shop. They sell all kinds of stuff that fits in with the hot rods and such you see parked there. I'll be doing a video of the place soon, just haven't had the time.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

It would seem that it's an extension of Underground Cycles or the new location. Perhaps they closed the old shop on LG Smith?
    It sounds like something they'd do or perhaps call the shop. I recall last year they had a second shop down in the highrise area in one of the malls along with the original shop.

And for the curious/uninitiated, a "rat" would be a chopped bike/motorcycle (not a custom build) or a chopped old car that's predominantly, if not totally black. Black body, black bumpers, black this, that and most everything else. Probably find lots of dice and skulls on 'em too... Very cool, and very predominant on our little version of paradise.

I believe the Rat Rod club does a run every couple of months, and it's truly a sight to see/hear.
    With any luck I'll witness it again this year...

Coming soon to a parking lot near you (in Aruba, that is...)

7 weeks and counting. Much easier to deal with than 48 days.
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 02-13-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: I got some reliable info on the shop...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    The old shop on the LG is closed, they moved that to the Palm Beach Plaza and just opened a whole new experience with Rat World!

Thanks for the explanation. For those of us who have no idea of what "Rat" meant it just seemed a little weird.

And in case you might be interested...

They likely have an assortment of "different" Aruba t-shirts and "souvenirs" from anything you'll find in your average tourist shopping experience. That alone could/would be worth the journey into an "alternative" shop.

And about the question of tattoos, you can bet they've got some of the best tattoo artists on the island working there. Always quality stuff comin' outta there in the past, and that won't change.

You can bet the music & atmosphere in the shop will be cool...

Mr. Ratt

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    They sell brands like Lucky 13, Christian Audigier. Stuff with skulls and hotrods on it, lots of Punk Rock clothing.

They were on the blvd and moved to Palm Beach Plaza with great expectations and welllll. Typical of the entrepreneurial spirit, he just moves forward and makes things happen. Good group and great folks. I hope it works out for them.

c
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

is this place opened? last time, i was looking for a place to get a tattoo and since i was leaving monday morning, nothing was open sunday...but this time in may, i plan to get one.

From all I've heard, and the photos I've seen online, I would say they are open. And I'm sure all you have to do is give them a call and make an appointment.

I'm glad you mentioned getting the tattoo on the last day there. I've often wondered why people get tattoos on vacation, (I do understand the actual "why"), however I do know that the extreme sun has a negative effect on a new tattoo.
    Thanks for answering that without me asking.

The tattoo artists at the old establishment were top notch, and I would imagine the folks at the new shop are just as good, if not better.

Enjoy paradise in May....

We (the Lady and I) are just counting down the short weeks now, just over 5 and counting.

Just waiting to soak up that vibe.
    Mr. Ratt