Aruba Beach

Thread: Where to find outdoor vendors and grocery in town

Where to find outdoor vendors and grocery in town

We'll be staying at the Renaissance Ocena Suites. I've seen pictures of some outdoor markets for souvenirs. Where is the best one in relation to our hotel.

Also, my husband has some special dietarty needs and I'll need to go to a decent sized grocery store. Is there one near us or will I need to drive?

Thanks! Down to the nitty gritty and counting the days.

Aruba since 1979
    across the street from the renaissance marina tower (about a 3 minute walk from ocean suites or a golf cart shuttle car ride) are some vendors with souvenir stuff.

check this out ..... http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/souvenirs.html

Lings or Certified or Super Food Grocery stores are about 1 to 1.5 miles from your resort. take the bus towrds the hi rise and and ask the driver to drop you off at the grocery stores. a cab back will be easier than lugging groceries in a bus.

and this too............. http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/grocery%20store.htmlor

if you have a car rental, head towards the lo rise area from downtown and when you get to the first roundabout go a little bit around and enter the parking lot driveway (eye glasses store as a land mark). continue straight and you will be running parallel with the main road. the grocery stores are
    up a way, maybe 400 yds or so....on the right!

it is really a straight clear shot from your resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Island-girl View Post
    We'll be staying at the Renaissance Ocena Suites. I've seen pictures of some outdoor markets for souvenirs. Where is the best one in relation to our hotel.

Also, my husband has some special dietarty needs and I'll need to go to a decent sized grocery store. Is there one near us or will I need to drive?

Thanks! Down to the nitty gritty and counting the days.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-16-2012 at 09:30 AM.