Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Where to shop

Where to shop

Hello All!

Our trip is getting closer and closer (exactly 2 months!!), and I have a question regarding groceries. We will be staying at the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn, so no kitchen, but still want to buy a few things to make sandwiches, quick breakfast items, and of course rum and snacks. I know the resorts usually have these items in their shop, but I'm assuming they are overpriced. Where should I go to buy the few essentials we will need?

Thank you everyone

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Hello All!

Our trip is getting closer and closer (exactly 2 months!!), and I have a question regarding groceries. We will be staying at the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn, so no kitchen, but still want to buy a few things to make sandwiches, quick breakfast items, and of course rum and snacks. I know the resorts usually have these items in their shop, but I'm assuming they are overpriced. Where should I go to buy the few essentials we will need?

Thank you everyone
    Superfood if you want more European-style. Ling's if you want American. Superfood is closer to the Holiday Inn/Hyatt.

Aruba since 1979
    Agree with act.
    Does the holiday inn have in room refrigerators?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Agree with act.
    Does the holiday inn have in room refrigerators?
    Yes, all the rooms at Holiday Inn have mini fridges. Which will make things much easier than not, lol

Yes, all the rooms at Holiday Inn have mini fridges. Which will make things much easier than not, lol
    But they do not have microwaves...

I'm okay with no microwaves. As long as I have a place to store sandwich meat I should be good. I really don't like to eat out at every meal, so a mini fridge is important.

Aruba since 1979
    the last time we stayed at the HI was a pre or post timeshare stay in the early 2000s.
    there was no mini fridge in the room, but we did well with a good sized cooler.......we kept mostly cheese, fruit, soda, beer and ice in it.

I'm okay with no microwaves. As long as I have a place to store sandwich meat I should be good. I really don't like to eat out at every meal, so a mini fridge is important.

We have been at the HI and had to request a fridge. Maybe they don't have them in every room? This was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We have been at the HI and had to request a fridge. Maybe they don't have them in every room? This was last year.
    Good to know. I'll make sure to ask when we check in. Thank you for the heads up

Good to know. I'll make sure to ask when we check in. Thank you for the heads up
    I'd recommend contacting them in advance as there are limited number of refrigerators (I've been caught a few times and always contact in advance now).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast