pier
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to buy jewelry in Aruba!

Is it worth it to buy jewelry in Aruba!

Is it really worth buying Jewelry in Aruba?? I might purchase some jewlery but not sure if it is really worth buying there or just buying in the US. I looked at the jewelry store at the Radisson and it was a NY based company....... I really didn't look around, but if I do get something it is not going to be just a little piece.

Anyone have any input???
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    some folks swear the product and the price in aruba is far superior than what they could get at home (wherever home may be).

i know there are plenty of reputible and terrific jewelers on island.
    i think that there are some "unique" items that may not be able to be bought in the usa.

that being said, my opinion is that one can do as well at any jewelry center in NYC, BOS, ATL, MIA or LA. (to name a few)

i have never bought any real expensive items in aruba.
    i have bought Lladro, waterford, earrings and a couple of fossil watches........
    no huge $$ items. (all at little switzerland in downtown o'stad)

i have seen better prices for diamonds, emeralds, rolex in st maarten.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    Is it really worth buying Jewelry in Aruba?? I might purchase some jewlery but not sure if it is really worth buying there or just buying in the US. I looked at the jewelry store at the Radisson and it was a NY based company....... I really didn't look around, but if I do get something it is not going to be just a little piece.

Anyone have any input???

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i have seen better prices for diamonds, emeralds, rolex in st maarten.

andrea
    I agree!

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jewelry.html Some places to shop, some to stay away from...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We shop Kays every year we are there...Got a $5000 watch for $2700 Concord, a diamond bracelt $4000 for $1400..Good deals in our eyes...Appraised much higher at home..you decide..
    Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress .
    Don't strive to make your presence noticed just make your absence felt.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.

White Gold??

I am sad to say I lost my engagement ring this week. My fault, I left it on the night stand of the hotel. We called back at 6AM and it does not appear any one has found it for us... we stay at this Nashville hotel several times a year for early morning flights out. We are still in hopes it will show up some how.

But my question is this, I can only wear white gold. My ring was purchased on St. Thomas but we would like to shop while in Aruba in September. To save us time, are there any shops that stand out in your mind that have white gold? Many island jewlers will offer to "dip" the ring in white gold but we do not want that.

We have purchased several braceletts and ankle wear over the years, but I never looked at the rings.

Just thought some of you might remember seeing a larger then usual selection of white gold somewhere.
    Thanks!!

I know that I stopped into the Store at the Radisson, and was looking at 18k white gold jewelry.

I would assume that most reputable stores would carry white.

Do not buy a lot of jewelry, but I have purchased a couple of David Yurman pieces at the Hyatt through Gandelman Jewelers, and have saved several hundred dollars on each piece bought. This is when compared to prices online and in stores in NJ.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    Do not buy a lot of jewelry, but I have purchased a couple of David Yurman pieces at the Hyatt through Gandelman Jewelers, and have saved several hundred dollars on each piece bought. This is when compared to prices online and in stores in NJ.
    Hmmmmm.

My problem is that I am looking for something specific, and not sure if they will have it when i get there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post

Anyone have any input???
    Compared to the stores we have available in where we live in Michigan, Aruba has a much better selection and quality.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

We got great deals on a few emerald items for my wife over the years and the loose stones were dirt cheap. We swapped a couple loose stones for some custom work from a local goldsmith.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast