Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to buy jewelry in Aruba!

Its up to the person taste and wallet, but comparing it to the state CA, Aruba wins.

I purchased a Movado watch in Aruba (Little Switzerland) that was 1/2 the price of what it would be in the U.S.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    Hmmmmm.

My problem is that I am looking for something specific, and not sure if they will have it when i get there...

What is it? Maybe we can direct you.

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.

Thanks

Thanks! I had not thought to look at the shops in the resorts. We have purchased down town before! Lots of help!

We also heard Casa Del Mar has a new shop and it may also carry white gold.

G

What are you looking for? I just went through a bunch of jewelry stores last week! DH purchased a beautiful multi-colored sapphire bracelet for me at Sean's. I have never seen another bracelet like it and love it. We did go up and down the street so I know what the different stores have!

we purchased our wedding bands at Nobles (hearts on fire diamonds) and then when we were there a few months back I also got a hearts on fire necklace! Nobles are great people to work with and the best part is NO taxes!!

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.
    We will be sure to stop at Nobles. Thanks!

Know that some places have "custom services" - there is a store on the ren pier that does that. Can't vouch for the prices - my thing is if you can comfortably afford it and you like it (or is for a special occassion) - consider it. Jewelry is one of the worst investments you can make. Those "money for gold" places are a rip-off and give you a very low price for gold - and unless you have an "investment grade" gem - they are pretty worthless.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    All I can say is buyer beware! My husband bought me what we thought and were told was a beautiful diamond and sapphire ring set in gold at Gandelmens the day we were leaving this past January. It was a bit small so I asked the sales lady if it could be sized, she said yes and asked when we were leaving, (that day)so I say I would have to do it in the states.

When I got back here, I took it to two reputable jewlers and they both told me the gold was NOT real and neither were the stones & they could not size it because of that fact. I was heartbroken. We don't have alot of money to buy jewlery, we are newlyweds (2yrs almost) and since we bought it on the island where we had our honeymoon, the ring meant alot to me. We are going back to the island with my family in January and are taking it back with the receipt & telling them what happend before we even check in to our hotel. I don't know if they'll help, all I want is for it to be sized so I can wear it, I don't want my money back, I just want to be able to wear it because as of right now I have a $125 ring just sitting in a box.
    Last edited by mjn109; 08-01-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjn109 View Post
    All I can say is buyer beware! My husband bought me what we thought and were told was a beautiful diamond and sapphire ring set in gold at Gandelmens the day we were leaving this past January. It was a bit small so I asked the sales lady if it could be sized, she said yes and asked when we were leaving, (that day)so I say I would have to do it in the states.

When I got back here, I took it to two reputable jewlers and they both told me the gold was NOT real and neither were the stones & they could not size it because of that fact. I was heartbroken. We don't have alot of money to buy jewlery, we are newlyweds (2yrs almost) and since we bought it on the island where we had our honeymoon, the ring meant alot to me. We are going back to the island with my family in January and are taking it back with the receipt & telling them what happend before we even check in to our hotel. I don't know if they'll help, all I want is for it to be sized so I can wear it, I don't want my money back, I just want to be able to wear it because as of right now I have a $125 ring just sitting in a box.
    I am so sorry to hear about it. This is why I am hesitant buying jewelry from someone other than a place I know. Especially when it is thousands of miles away from home, can't just walk to the store and return it.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast