Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to buy jewelry in Aruba!

Aruba since 1979
    SGROI and I will head to Aruba and take care of this situation.
    Please email us our e-tickets.

Another person i would take with me is Sherry from visitaruba.......she is kind and persistent and by the time she finished with them, you'd own the store.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    SGROI and I will head to Aruba and take care of this situation.
    Please email us our e-tickets.

Another person i would take with me is Sherry from visitaruba.......she is kind and persistent and by the time she finished with them, you'd own the store.

andrea
    LOL I'm In!

I am definitely opposite of Sherry! I might actually scare you a little!

Anthony
    Decided to take down my timer!

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Andrea J & Sgroi135 I would love to send you to Aruba to fix this problem, trust me!!!

DH and I are going to bring the ring & paperwork to them when we get there in January and give them a chance to make the situation right. So sad that we have been mislead and once a sucker, not always a sucker since I am on to them now!!!!!!

Red face Found the receipt

Recently located the receipt from the purchase of the ring..

The item description is..

Jewelry-ringladies 14k 5 3 sapp 6pd

It's definately not 14 k gold and the sapphires are not real...as for the rest of the "description" I don't know what that all means...no mention as to whether the "diamonds" are real but I am 100% SURE we asked and were TOLD they were. Because it was a discounted item (which should have been our first clue), it is stamped as final sale. So no refund...but I am going to ask them size it as they said they could when we purchased it so all will not be lost in the end since all I really want is to wear it!

Thank you all for your advice...wish me luck in January 2010 when we get there.

Thumbs up You will NEVER believe what just came FEDEX

My husband and I were just sitting sitting here watching TV and FexEx rang the bell, we both weren't expecting anything.

He read the waybill on the front and it said it was from Aruba...hmmm. Did one of iguanas get our address from something and send us a Christmas present?

He opened it and it was from Gandelmans Jewelers stating that we had purchased some jewlery from them in the past and that it had come to their attention that some of it was of sub-quality and that if bring the ring to a local jeweler and find that to be true, and then we return it to them they will give us an exchange or a refund. Can you believe that?!

So he is going to call them and tell them that we have indeed brought the ring to to different stores and they both told me none of it was real and that we will be in Aruba in two weeks. We'll see what they say. We are just floored by this turn of events. As much as I LOVE the ring, I think I will return it, get our money back and then he can buy me something else at this point!

Sorry never replied to Chadd, she loved the style of the ring...but wanted a sapphire ring and thought if the clerk mistook it for a tanzanite then when she got home nobody would believe it was a sapphire.... it all worked out she got a nice ring from colombian jewlers.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    WOW Wonder if anyone from Gandlemans reads this forum?
    they are a very reputable jeweler.

Quote Originally Posted by mjn109 View Post
    My husband and I were just sitting sitting here watching TV and FexEx rang the bell, we both weren't expecting anything.

He read the waybill on the front and it said it was from Aruba...hmmm. Did one of iguanas get our address from something and send us a Christmas present?

He opened it and it was from Gandelmans Jewelers stating that we had purchased some jewlery from them in the past and that it had come to their attention that some of it was of sub-quality and that if bring the ring to a local jeweler and find that to be true, and then we return it to them they will give us an exchange or a refund. Can you believe that?!

So he is going to call them and tell them that we have indeed brought the ring to to different stores and they both told me none of it was real and that we will be in Aruba in two weeks. We'll see what they say. We are just floored by this turn of events. As much as I LOVE the ring, I think I will return it, get our money back and then he can buy me something else at this point!

Hi! It all depends what exactly you are looking for?? Few year back(6 to be exact), I have purchased a watch in Aruba(MSRP-in NYC) was $6700...Even with 20% discount ,that you can get for paying cash on 47 th street in NYC, -I paid only $3700.00 for it-that was a present for my own Birthday. And what else...in Aruba they have European design,that you won`t find in US.
    Last edited by bellmore; 12-20-2009 at 01:28 PM.

That's the first thing I said Andrea J! We called too late on Friday to talk to anyone but my husband will call on his day off Tuesday and make arrangements. I am just so happy that they contacted us and that there is some justice because I was so devastated.

Just a thought, you should get your money back because if it is not real gold it can not be re-sized.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast