Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to buy jewelry in Aruba!

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Yes Ragdoll, I learned all that the hard way unfortunately, after taking it to two local jewelry stores. I am going to ask for my money back...the ring is so pretty and it actually meant alot to me when my husband bought it for me, sentimental from the get go, but now I am going to get my money back and he can buy me something authentic.
    Last edited by mjn109; 12-21-2009 at 10:03 AM.

I spoke with Gandlemans yesterday afternoon to clarify the issues with my wifes (MJN109) ring. Speaking with Rochelle, a very nice woman, she said she will be doing whatever she can to make this situation right, starting with a full refund on the ring. Of course in true Aruban fashion, the courtesy that was extended over the phone, including calling me back so I didnt have to pay higher rates, was phenomenal. I am glad that this is going to all come to a head in a little over a week. Will update this situation after we have been to Gandlemans and decided what we are going to do. Thanks to everyone who offered advice and guidance-this is a great forum!

Aruba since 1979
    it is a great forum indeed.
    the members of this forum are helpful and kind.
    one could not ask for a better community.

glad to hear that gandelmans has come through and lived up to their high reviews.
    many folks will gladly shop at gandelmans due to their reputation.

enjoy aruba and safe travels.
    andrea

My fiance purchased my engagement ring at Kay's. We worked with Andy and narrowed it down to two different rings. They even gave us a gift certificate to madam Jeanettes and nice jewelry box. The ring is beautiful and they send the papers to you in the mail. When we return in July for the wedding, we will go back to Kay's to get our bands.
    Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by cukiecutr View Post
    My fiance purchased my engagement ring at Kay's. We worked with Andy and narrowed it down to two different rings. They even gave us a gift certificate to madam Jeanettes and nice jewelry box. The ring is beautiful and they send the papers to you in the mail. When we return in July for the wedding, we will go back to Kay's to get our bands.
    So glad you liked Kay's...we're also Andy clients and recommend him highly. Heck, every time we go to aruba we stop in, buy something, and get a coke.

To be brief...we got our money back. We went to the downtown Gandelmans location, they knew nothing of our situation, even with the letter explaining the situation. After searching the store for something that I might like, decided to get our money back...I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach the entire time we were there. The "manager" gave my husband a bit of a hard time when he asked to speak to the woman who sent us the letter, the manager claiming that she didn't know how to get in touch with her. But we got our money back just the same.

Life lesson learned...if it seems too good to be true, it PROBABLY is!

Soooo true.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Gandlemans-what a dissapointment! I can't believe I went through a very nice conversation with a supervisor there and when we arrived got treated like crap. I am sure some of it had to be because the staff knew nothing of the problem my wife and I had run into, but I would have thought that if junk jewelery was sold that the staff SHOULD know. Especially if a patron was coming back to the store with it to find a new piece of jewelry to replace it with. Instead we were hurried up, given no REAL assistance and ushered out the door as if we were an inconvienance. I know that the Gandlemans name is well known throughout the Carribean, however my wife and I will never step foot in there again-it really is too bad because my wife suffered emotionally and that hurts me just as much.

MJN - glad it worked out for you!

Thanks so much purpleangel! Not exactly as we had hoped, but money back is just as good in the end! LOL

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast