Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: ZARA Dept. store

Aruba since 1979

ZARA Dept. store

The ZARA store opened about 11 days ago.
    (Sorry I forgot to post about it)

It is located on the street with the trolley tracks (main st) behind the renaissance marina tower.

the residents that we spoke with were quite happy with it.
    although a resident friend said to me that her family would be happier with a Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The ZARA store opened about 11 days ago.
    (Sorry I forgot to post about it)

It is located on the street with the trolley tracks (main st) behind the renaissance marina tower.

the residents that we spoke with were quite happy with it.
    although a resident friend said to me that her family would be happier with a Target.
    Target? They should be careful what they wish for: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ions-in-losses
    Last edited by act1966; 04-18-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    gee
    here in our area, the target is way more popular and crowded than the foul, dirty and vulgar walmart in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Target? They should be careful what they wish for: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ions-in-losses

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    gee
    here in our area, the target is way more popular and crowded than the foul, dirty and vulgar walmart in the area.
    I think that was the hope in Canada as well. But it was poorly planned and executed - you couldn't even get Target brand products! Agree - Walmart's are hit and miss in the US... the worst Xmas Eve moment I've ever had was in the Walmart in Ruskin, Florida! <<shudder>>

And then there was the Canadian Target president's severance... yeah, that was a banner moment.

Zara is a huge store around the world. We're getting a 30,000 foot store at the Mall of America this year.

Target is our favorite but we're biased because they are one of many "home town" large employers (corporate headquarters are in Minneapolis.) The Canada thing though was a HUGE debacle - extremely poor planning, distribution, etc.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018