Aruba Beach

Thread: ace car rental

ace car rental

ace car rental are they still in business?
    i have e-mailed them 3 times with no reply.

Did you try calling?

Sometimes there are probs with email in Aruba.

ace

i have phoned 3or4 times,all i get is a recording (mail box full at this time)

As of Monday, Ace was still getting their new office in order. Here are the numbers that I have (297)593-0575 and (297)583-9840. There have been problems over the past several weeks with Setar's Internet. This was the first time I rented with them and I will definitely use them for my trip in March. Their service was outstanding.

I used Ace from and back to the airport last year for Christmas week. Sounds like they may not be operating at the airport any more, if at all. If not, we'll probably use Econo Car Rental.

Bernie

Ace is still in business, though they have had problems with their e-mail access, probably related to their move to an off-airport site.

The owner, Mr. DeL'Isle is a true gentleman. We have rented from him twice before and he always personally makes sure the car is in proper order. We will be renting from him again this year (tomorrow, in fact).

If you choose to stay with an on-airport company, be aware that the Aruba Airport Authority will tack an extra 11.2% onto your total bill (airport surcharge). That's more than I want to pay on a two-week rental.

Mr. DeL'Isle will have someone waiting outside the terminal for you (with a sign with your name on it) and you will be taken to the new office (two minutes away).

How did you contact him (Mr De Lisle)? I wish I had known. We just put an online reservation in today for Econo Car Rental. Their office is closed today so I don't know when anyone will process the reservation or if we'll have a class C car (they already told me in an email reply that there aren't any class A or B cars for our date) and we are arriving tomorrow (Christmas Eve, the 24th) around 4:30PM. Even knowing about the new airport surcharges, we specified getting the car from and back to the airport because we didn't know any other option. I'll send another email to them asking if they can pick us up and take us to their offsite office.

Bernie in CT

We never heard anything back from Ace or from the person who posted that Ace was going to pick them up. So we rented from Econo Car Rental (note: not Economy). Paying the airport surcharge at both ends although if we had known better and had rented more in advance, they say they could have picked us up and dropped us back to avoid the surcharges.

Bernie in CT

Bernie:

Sorry I never replied, as I didn't see your message before heading south. We did use Ace this time, and, while the car was fine, I had serious problems with the rental for my daughter and son-in-law.

They had booked a car for Dec. 30th for one week, and had received a confirmation e-mail. When they arrived in Aruba (on-time, BTW) there was no one waiting to pick them up. They asked around, and another car rental rep told them the Ace guy had already gone home for the day. They tried phoning Ace, but got no answer or answering machine. They had to take a taxi to our timeshare.

Spoke to the owner, Adolf DeLisle, the next day. He said the rep left as they had run out of cars. He offered no apology for leaving them stranded, and, offered no reduction in rate for the remaining six days, and no refund of their taxi fare. I told him he could keep his car at that point.

I will NOT rent from him again.