Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By Dom

Thread: ACE/Top Drive Rent A Car

Dom

ACE/Top Drive Rent A Car

I just made a reservation through ACE Rent A Car and got a great price of $270 total (including taxes) for 2 weeks in a Hyundai Accent (Compact size car). This is about 25% less than the other rental companies that I checked. When I received the confirmation it indicated that the local agency that was actually providing the car is called Top Drive. It also indicated that I have to call Top Drive when I arrive and they will send a car to pick me up and take me to their office located at Sabana Blanco 69. I thought that there was a car rental company in Aruba called ACE, but I guess ACE Rent A Car is not the same company. Has anyone ever heard of or used Top Drive, and are they reliable? Also, how far from the airport are their offices?
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Some info on Top Drive

Top Drive Car Rental.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Dom
    I did see the Top Drive thread, but it is from 2012. I have not been able to find anything else that is more current.
    Dom

jaw
    I have used Ace Car Rental Aruba for many years. Don't understand how Top Drive go involved with your reservation. Suggest you contact Adolf or David at Ace.

acecararuba@setarnet.aw

Dom
    I think that the ACE that you are referring to is a local company in Aruba (acearuba.com). I made my reservation through a larger company (acerentacar.com) that apparently uses Top Drive as their local provider.
    Dom

As we were walking through Arawak Gardens last night I noticed a jeep from Top Drive with an ad for the company and remembered this thread. It looked new and in good shape, but it is the one they have sitting on the sidewalk. I have noticed several more cars with Top Drive stickers on them in hotel parking lots.

Dom
    I decided to take a chance and rent from Ace/Top Drive. The price was fantastic at around $270 total for 2 weeks for a Hyundai Accent that easily fit 4 adults. When I arrived the Top Drive van was waiting just outside the terminal. The driver loaded our luggage into the van and after about a 3 minute drive we arrived at the Top Drive office. The paperwork took less than 5 minutes, and by the time we were finished, the driver had all of our luggage loaded into our rental car. The car itself was clean inside and out, and was probably the best car that I have ever rented in Aruba in the 40 years that I have been going to the island. No dents, everything worked including the AC and radio, and it had about 30K Kilometers on the odometer. The return process was just as easy. The Top Drive employees were all very helpful and extremely friendly. I would not hesitate to rent from Top Drive again.
    Dom

Thanks for the review, I will consider them now for our next trip.

Dom
    If you do decide to rent from Top Drive, first check the pricing on acecarrental.com and compare it to the pricing on arubatopdrive.com. As I indicated previously, Ace Car Rental (not the local Ace company in Aruba) uses Top Drive as their local provider. The reason that I got such a good deal was that acecarrental.com was offering a 25% discount on the rate. If I had rented directly from arubatopdrive.com, I would not have received the discount. In either case, you get the vehicle from the same company.
    Dom

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    We've been using Top Drive for years.....Never any problems and always a great price. Diane