Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Airport

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Airport

I was reading Amy's trip report and was concerned about leaving the airport with the new construction.

Would someone, maybe even Bully, give us a play by play of how to get out of airport and where to go so we can head in the direction of the highrise/Ling's area?

Thanks for any help. remember, this is our 3rd time so we are not as seasoned as some of you are, though I do know the shopping areas, lol..

thanks

Not that difficult to get out of the airport. Just follow the "Detour" signs and the other traffic. There are signs directing you to the main road to the high rises. If you know the back way, turn at Price Samrt and go that way to avoid traffic in the downtown area. . . .
    You should have no problem getting out of the airport. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks Tom and Stanley

When we left the airport parking lot, there were no detour signs telling us to turn right (and apparently the local guy in the car in front of us had no clue either - LOL!) However, after that, as long as the eyes were peeled, we did see enough signs to get us out and on our way.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

so Amy, we should turn right instead of left and then what, u turn???

Just follow the signs at that point - you'll be on a road going one way until you reach the makeshift roundabout and then you just head back in the direction of downtown at the roundabout.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    .........and won't the project be completed in just a few weeks from now?

hopefully it will be done by november.....we don't need any stress at the beginning of our vacation....or I will have to pull over and get that rum out of my suitcase !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Andrea, you'll be going shortly before we do. would you mind posting getting out of the airport when you go? hopefully by the time that you go, it will be done and we'll know exactly.

Aruba since 1979
    yup, will do.

probably no big deal....
    if the detour signs are not in place, i follow the cars ahead of me.

i am very familiar with the area and regularly take the more inland route......but in traffic and without appropriate signage, paul and i could wind up like charlie on the mta.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Andrea, you'll be going shortly before we do. would you mind posting getting out of the airport when you go? hopefully by the time that you go, it will be done and we'll know exactly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast