Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Airport to hotel transport through AAA?

Airport to hotel transport through AAA?

Has anyone ever booked their trip to Aruba through AAA? The packaged we booked includes transport to & from the hotel. I booked it on Friday & as the weekend went on I began to think, "How will we know where said transport will be when we arrive at AUA?" When we get off the plane in Aruba & head to baggage, will there be some sort of van/bus for AAA members or something?

I'm new to non-US travel & never had to think about stuff like this before. I'm sure once it gets closer, our TA will let us know the details, but I figured I'd ask here first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Also, from what I'm reading, it's about 30 minutes from the airport to the Tam ... is that accurate? And what's the drive like? I know friends of mine who just went to St. Lucia & had a treacherous 2 hour drive through the not so great sights - haha! Wondering how scenic the drive is through Aruba from the airport to the Tam...
    Last edited by cupidgirl21483; 04-10-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    the transportation that AAA lined you with is most likely DEPALM motorcoach.

there will be folks that will tell you pros and cons of taking the motorcoach.

when you pick up your luggage, you will proceed thru aruba customs (usually they wave you thru...quite painless).
    once you step outside there will be BIG DEPALM MOTORCOACHES/BUSSES

depalm person loads the luggage.
    you hand the driver the transfer voucher and you are good to go.

the drive from the airport to the tamarijn is 15 minutes or less without traffic.

tamarijnn is the 4th stop on the Depalm bus route.

aruba is totally not third world country.......
    infrastructure is pretty good.
    good roads pretty much.

the views from airport to tam.......a drive thru downtown then the tamarijn!
    pretty non scenic......pretty buildings downtown. nice views of the ocean too.

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    Has anyone ever booked their trip to Aruba through AAA? The packaged we booked includes transport to & from the hotel. I booked it on Friday & as the weekend went on I began to think, "How will we know where said transport will be when we arrive at AUA?" When we get off the plane in Aruba & head to baggage, will there be some sort of van/bus for AAA members or something?

I'm new to non-US travel & never had to think about stuff like this before. I'm sure once it gets closer, our TA will let us know the details, but I figured I'd ask here first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Also, from what I'm reading, it's about 30 minutes from the airport to the Tam ... is that accurate? And what's the drive like? I know friends of mine who just went to St. Lucia & had a treacherous 2 hour drive through the not so great sights - haha! Wondering how scenic the drive is through Aruba from the airport to the Tam...
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-12-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: before i am more embarrassed i changed my inaccuracies mea culpa

Roads in Aruba are nothing like St. Lucia and it is level ground and a straight shot from the airport to the resort

Figure 30 minutes with traffic downtown in Oranjestad but more than likely 15 - 20 minutes taxi ride. Bus transfer will take longer as they need to wait for the bus to load.

More info on Airport Transfers

The drive is NOTHING like St. Lucia. It was so bad in St. Lucia that our last trip there, we took a helicopter from one airport to the other. That was a beautiful trip, and you get to see how beautiful it is there. The roads AND drivers are much better in Aruba. I didn't care for the bus trip, but we were in the high rise area and had to stop at every hotel. Just in my opinion, it is better to get a cab. (Bully is the BEST). With you being on the first stop, it shouldn't be so bad. I hope you have a wonderful trip, but I KNOW you will.
    Pat

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Do yourself a BIG favor and hop in a cab. Every tom, dick and harry will be on the bus, slow as molasses and it will drive you nuts. Grab a cab and head to the Tam by yourself. Bully is the best around, contact him.

Aruba since 1979
    gaby/cupid ask the agent you booked with how much those transfer vouchers are worth and f they are refundable?

also too if you do wind up taking the bus, the tamarijn is the 4th stop.

whatever you decide, do what is right for you and your needs.

if it were i, i would blow off the depalm and grab a cab.
    (i always rent a car on aruba so i'd likely jump in my car rental)

andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-12-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: again i am embarrassed by posting iaccurate info

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    also too if you do wind up taking the bus, the tamarijn is the first stop.
    Is Talk of the Town first stop and Renaissance second stop?

Aruba since 1979
    that i do not know

but, after asking the lady at depalm, prior to christmas week she had told me tamarijn was 1st stop.

do they ever divide up the buses? some to hi rises? others to lorise and downtown?

Thank you for all of your input! I think I'll just stick with the transport & hope for the best. We're easy to please & really don't mind how we get there or how long it takes, as long as we get there! And hopefully Andrea is right & the Tam is the first stop. If not, we see some sights!

Thanks again!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Is Talk of the Town first stop and Renaissance second stop?
    First stop TALK OF THE TOWN
    second RENN SUITES
    third RENN MARINA TOWER.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast