Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Airport to hotel transport through AAA?

Aruba since 1979
    From Depalm's web page

Airport to hotel transportation - relax and enjoy the ride!

After a long flight, the last thing you want is the stress of searching for suitable transportation to your hotel.

Start your vacation off smoothly and let De Palm handle it with our dependable, luxury bus transportation from the airport to your hotel.

Upon your arrival after you claim your luggage and exit the customs area, our warm and knowledgeable staff will greet you and direct you to one of our deluxe air-conditioned busses.

While en route, everyone can sit back and relax in our air-conditioned cabins while enjoying a scenic preview of Aruba while our professional guide explains the passing sites of the island. Stops are made at all major hotels. Total transfer time ranges from 20 to 40 min.

We invite you to take advantage of our services on your departure day as well. Let us take care of your transportation. That's our specialty!

Price: $20.40 per person

Private Transportation

Private transportation can also be arranged upon request that includes meet & greet at the airport with a vehicle exclusive for you and your party.

Prices are based on the amount of passenger arriving together. Please contact us (see below).

For reservations click the BOOK NOW button.
    For more information and reservations:
    In the USA and Canada call 1-800-609-7374 between 9 AM and 5 PM EST time, or email us here.

I've used the DePalm motorcoach for each visit and never had a problem. Exit the airport and the staff is there in bright yellow shirts ready to direct you to the bus. The Tam is the first stop with the Divi, where we stay, being the second. We're there in 15 to 20 minutes. If I were staying in the high rise area I would probably take a taxi, but for the Tam or Divi the motorcoach is more than sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I've used the DePalm motorcoach for each visit and never had a problem. Exit the airport and the staff is there in bright yellow shirts ready to direct you to the bus. The Tam is the first stop with the Divi, where we stay, being the second. We're there in 15 to 20 minutes. If I were staying in the high rise area I would probably take a taxi, but for the Tam or Divi the motorcoach is more than sufficient.
    Peg, if you don't me asking, and this is just out of curiosity, did you get your DePalm motorcoach transportation ticket as a part of a package, like cupidgirl? Andrea's post shows the price for a ticket listed as $20.40/person. I was surprised that it would actually cost more to travel by bus if there were more than one person in your party, so I thought there might be discounts available.

I have nothing against the bus, and on our first trip to Aruba, we booked through Apple Tours, and it included bus transportation. I kind of enjoyed the trip to the Concord (now Westin, I believe). Since we'd never been to Aruba before, I enjoyed seeing the different resorts along the way. I think we ended up ditching the bus on the way back to the airport and taking a cab, so we could leave later.
    Last edited by corona; 04-12-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Corona, I've always booked through expedia and the transportation has been part of the package. One of the things I liked about the motorcoach is that the driver usually offers commentary about the area. If you've never been it helps to hear about when the shops downtown are open, or have some of the known restaurants be pointed out.

Thanks for your reply, Peg. I bet their main market is through packages. I always enjoy a talkative driver too. Even though we've been back several times, there's always something interesting to learn about the island.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hmmmm. 4 people x $20 a pop = no brainer

Hello bully imop.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Hmmmm. 4 people x $20 a pop = no brainer

Hello bully imop.
    I agree!!! I took the bus once, and that was enough. There again, we were in the high rise area and it felt as if it took forever. Bully is the Best--imo!!
    Pat

Taxi fare from the airport to the high rise resorts for a maximum of 5 persons is $25 with an additional $3 on holidays and Sundays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12