Aruba Beach

Thread: From Airport to Marriott Surf Club

From Airport to Marriott Surf Club

Hi,

I am just wondering how the process goes after arriving in the airport from Aruba. I've traveled internationally before but I know every country is a little bit different. Do we simply fill out our visitor form then get our passports stamped or is there an extra step getting out of the airport?

Also, is it obvious how to navigate ground transportation from the airport to the resorts? Are their shuttles for certain ones or do we need to pick out a taxi? I should have figured this out a long time ago but I have been in a whirlwind since our wedding was just last weekend. I appreciate any help! I am going to keep scrolling through other posts to see if I can find any other pointers about this too.

Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    you'll fill out the form on the plane and it will be ready for Aruba immigration.
    deplane, head up the escalator, walk down long hallway, down escalator AND enter immigration area. have your passport stamped and make sure you do not lose the immigration receipt.

proceed down yet another escalator to the luggage pick up area and aruba customs.
    grab your bag, proceed thru customs (usually just a wave)

taxis are lined up outside to the left of where you exit.

probably a 15 - 20 min taxi ride to the marriott campus depending on traffic.

congratulations on your wedding and have a great trip to aruba

Quote Originally Posted by teamwe2011 View Post
    Hi,

I am just wondering how the process goes after arriving in the airport from Aruba. I've traveled internationally before but I know every country is a little bit different. Do we simply fill out our visitor form then get our passports stamped or is there an extra step getting out of the airport?

Also, is it obvious how to navigate ground transportation from the airport to the resorts? Are their shuttles for certain ones or do we need to pick out a taxi? I should have figured this out a long time ago but I have been in a whirlwind since our wedding was just last weekend. I appreciate any help! I am going to keep scrolling through other posts to see if I can find any other pointers about this too.

Thanks!!

Thanks so much Andrea! Will the taxi take American dollars or should we convert money before leaving the airport? About how much should the taxi run us?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf
    click above link for rates.

standard rate for airport to marriott is $25
    based in US Dollars and yes US dollars are accepted.

the rate does not cover tips, extra bags, late nights and holidays.
    there is a surcharge for those.

Quote Originally Posted by teamwe2011 View Post
    Thanks so much Andrea! Will the taxi take American dollars or should we convert money before leaving the airport? About how much should the taxi run us?