Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coldsteel337

Thread: American Car Rental

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars

American Car Rental

We are in the middle of a 1 week rental of a Mercury Mountaineer. This will be the 1st and last rental from American. Their location is near the airport as described and the vehicle is a Mercury Mountaineer. They only had ONE when I picked it up and I only took it because we needed both the seat space and storage space for 4 adults & a car seat plus luggage. No major dents but both front doors are missing the plastic guards where your arms rest. The exposed areas are jagged and both my wife and I cut our arms the first two days. I got some duct tape and did a quick fix. My wife is thrilled! There is also no jack and I was promised i would have one by yesterday.

Nope, never again.

other than this, we are having a great time

Aruba since 1979
    i hope that you brought the vehicle back and showed them the jagged area and your scratches and how you remedied it.
    I would hate it for them to accuse you of altering the equipment when you return the vehicle.

and no jack.........gee, ridiculous.

can u return the vehicle now and get something better from a different company?

ENJOY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    We are in the middle of a 1 week rental of a Mercury Mountaineer. This will be the 1st and last rental from American. Their location is near the airport as described and the vehicle is a Mercury Mountaineer. They only had ONE when I picked it up and I only took it because we needed both the seat space and storage space for 4 adults & a car seat plus luggage. No major dents but both front doors are missing the plastic guards where your arms rest. The exposed areas are jagged and both my wife and I cut our arms the first two days. I got some duct tape and did a quick fix. My wife is thrilled! There is also no jack and I was promised i would have one by yesterday.

Nope, never again.

other than this, we are having a great time

I'm going back tomorrow. I do not expect a problem but who knows I checked around and it was going to be difficult to find another SUV ( we have 4 adults and a car seat )

we will deal with it I've had a few rental companies over the years and they were all fine. We have gotten old jeeps than ran fine.

I rented from them last week as well. Granted we got a jeep for the week, but i have nothing bad to say about them. See if they will let you talk to a young guy named Fabian. He handled us while we were there, and i couldn't ask for better service. He even gave me his personal number to call him directly.

I met Fabian when we returned our Merc Mountaineer. He, as well as the young lady who checked me in were very nice, It was the car we had that was a wreck. I did see 2 other cars that had been returned while i was there on Sat the 17th that looked very nice. In fact I spoke to one of the renters and she said they had a good car this time but one year had to get thier American rental car changed 3 times in 7 days due to problems.

I would rather spend an extra $150 or so for peice of mind than go back to them again. The idea of driving to remote area's of the Island with no jack did not sit well with me.

This week, my buddy has rented from National and all is well. I'm still here and now I'm the tour guide for a few days since he is a first timer

Sorry you had that problem with American, we have used them several times and have never had a problem that could not be fixed....I say that because we did have a jeep that would only start if it felt like it so after a few days we called and they brought us another one without any c/o.....
    the folks that work there are really nice, of course they probably are also the owners as well.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME