Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Amigo Car Rental

Amigo Car Rental

We reserved a car from Amigo car rental online. I have not revived a conformation email. We booked yesterday should I be concerned or does it take a few days to confirm your reservation.

Aruba since 1979
    check your junk email folder.
    and wait a day.
    then contact them again.

if they want your business (and i am sure that they do) they should respond in 48 hrs.

You can always email them amigo.car.rental@setarnet.aw

They have always been prompt, even on weekends, in replying to my messages.

I tried to book a car with them a couple days before my trip down there last week and didn't get a response. There wasn't anyone at their airport office when we got there either.

I am having the same problem with them. I initially reserved a jeep with them - never received a confirmation after 3 days I emailed them and then received a reply. They informed me that the backseat only has 2 seatbelts so advised that we may want a different vehicle - I then responded that we would then opt for a 5 person pick up or suv - that was 2 or 3 days ago and they have not responded again. I was just thinking I will respond again and if i don't hear from them soon I will just try a different company.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

amigo

2 years ago i had to return my car to the airport and catch a flight. no one at the office when they were supposed to be open. left keys in the car behind the rental office and got on the plane.

they hit me with a bogus fee for not returning the car to their lot. and they wouldnt refund the fee.

never again will i use Amigo.

I emailed them again and they responded right away - all set with our car rental now...hopefully they remember to deliver it on time!!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

We've used them without trouble in the past. Now Hertz this past June? That was a whole different story.

Amigo? No friend of mine

Very disappointed with Amigo. Vehicle was in terrible condition with no option to change and ALL information provided prior to flight was lost or disregarded. Total time in amigo office was almost 1-1/2 hours. That's crazy considering we provided all the DL info and credit card info way ahead of time.

No gas in the tank. Not 1/4 or 1/8 I'm talking None! Their response was " do you need us to fill it?". Came back with a little above 1/4 tank 20 minutes of waiting later.

Tires were bald and dry rotted and was informed it was a " take it or leave it" deal. No dome light in the interior and the child booster seat requested took another 30 minutes to resolve, after the truck came back from the fill up.

In the end the vehicle performed and we even usd it an additional day. However I will be very reluctant to use their services again.
    Ralph