Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 6 passenger option??

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!

Question Another 6 passenger option??

My husband and I will be on the island in January with my sis & her boyfriend, mother and stepfather.

This past January we rented a minivan which was fine for driving the streets, but my stepdad likes to go to this "restaurant" way in the middle of nowhere by the military firing range and lets just say that driving there in the minivan from Baby Beach was terrifying!

We all thought we were either going to get stuck,tip over or get a flat!!

So to try to avoid this issue this trip...are there any other multi-passenger options that anyone knows about?? DH and I have talked about us 4 "kids" renting our own jeep and the parents getting there own-but still open to other options!

Thanks so much!

How about a 7 passenger SUV? We have rented them through Amigo and Royal.

Those are great options-and less expensive than a minivan!

I am going to suggest it to my parents!

Thanks!

[quote=mjn109;147739]My husband and I will be on the island in January with my sis & her boyfriend, mother and stepfather.

This past January we rented a minivan which was fine for driving the streets, but my stepdad likes to go to this "restaurant" way in the middle of nowhere by the military firing range and lets just say that driving there in the minivan from Baby Beach was terrifying!

We all thought we were either going to get stuck,tip over or get a flat!!

So to try to avoid this issue this trip...are there any other multi-passenger options that anyone knows about?? DH and I have talked about us 4 "kids" renting our own jeep and the parents getting there own-but still open to other options!

Thanks so much![/quote

Is this the bar/resturant by Boca Prins (sandunes)?

If so, there is a new raod just completed from Santa Cruiz to Boca Prins.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Yes I think it was Boca Prins---while the scenery was just beautiful, the waitresses very friendly & the Balashi's cold, it was a bit of an adventure getting there!!

I am so glad to hear that there is a new road to get there...now that I am writitng this I do remember the staff telling us about a new road that was soon to come.

Thanks so much for the information!

Just got back from Aruba and I had the same issue....
    Caution: DO NOT RENT FROM ROYAL!!! They are the worst.
    I had wanted a 7 passenger SUV with 4 wheel drive so I rented their Suzuki XL7. (There are slim pickins for this type of vehicle, I think only AVIS offers something similar, a 7 pass. Grand Vitrara). Confirmed the reservation the day before, and of course they pulled a bait and switch because I stuck with a piece of junk minivan. It was beat up, constantly stalled if you used the AC, one sliding door did not work, one tire leaked air, and the key did not work properly to start the car. I was told by them to call Royal the next day and they would see if the XL7 was available, and of course it was never available.
    Worst part, they nearly made me late for my flight. Called Royal the day before and asked if they could pick up the car at the airport, just as advertised on their website. Told that would not be a problem and they would meet me at the departures building. As expected, no one was there, drove to their office, no one was there either. Luckily my cell phone worked and was able to call Sonny. Told by Sonny that I must have imagined being told that I could drop-off at the airport. The 10 percent discount did nothing for my disdain of this company.
    If you want a large SUV, DO NOT RENT FROM ROYAL.
    (sorry if I vented a little, the rest of my trip was great despite the rental)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Royal.

Amigo offers a Ford Everest SUV.

Amigo is definitely the way to go. People I spoke to in Aruba were very happy with their Amigo rentals. I was asking around due to issues with Royal for next year.

We were pleased with Amigo when we used them last year.

Super Rental has a Hummer to rent, however I wouldn't recommend them at all. I rented from them 2 days ago and it was an absolutely horrible experience....they also have a toyota sequoia...

Only use them as a last resort.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast