Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another taxi question

Eagle Beach, Passions, Under a palapa, Mangos.

Another taxi question

Hey everyone,

Debating on whether to take the depalm tour bus (which is what we did last time we were in Aruba and thought it went fine) or to take a taxi. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get from the airport to amsterdam manor?

Thanks!

Andrea

Aruba since 1979
    by taxi from airport to amsterdam manor without traffic= 12+ minutes
    with traffic, could be 30 minutes.
    DePalm, 20 + minutes without traffic
    DePalm 35+ minutes with traffic
    these are guesstimates and are pretty conservative

Amsterdam Manor is at least the 3rd stop DePalm

Quote Originally Posted by andreayup View Post
    Hey everyone,

Debating on whether to take the depalm tour bus (which is what we did last time we were in Aruba and thought it went fine) or to take a taxi. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get from the airport to amsterdam manor?

Thanks!

Andrea

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    need a taxi on dec. 19 for 5 people. Is there a 4 person limit or do I have to make other arrangements for a van?

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I know taxis can take up to 5 people but if you have luggage...I'm not sure what you would need to do. I know one of the taxis we took from the airport wouldn't fit 5 people, let alone luggage for 5.

There's a five person limit at this time (they're hoping to get the maximum number increased), so you should be good. Many of the vehicles are suv's or mini vans, so you won't have any problems finding a taxi.

We had five a couple of years ago, and didn't have any problems even with luggage. This year, we had six, and had to hire 2 taxi's due to the rules.

Edit: We each had a carry-on suitcase, personal item (backpack or smaller) and one larger suitcase that was checked, when we had five for one taxi.

You can also reserve with Bully, and he has a large passenger van that would easily accommodate you, even if you had more luggage. You can email him at: bullytaxi79@hotmail.com to reserve.

You can prearrange for him to pick you up at the airport, and he'll be waiting for you at just outside the doors in the taxi area with a sign with your name on it.
    Last edited by corona; 04-21-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

We took the bus one time ONLY. It seems to take forever to get to the Occidental. We didn't even take it back from the hotel to the airport. BUT last year we took a taxi back to the airport (this is before this wonderful forum told me about Bully) and the taxi was just a small car. I don't even know why on earth we took it. But anyway, I sat in the back with my knees up to my chin with luggage right beside me. Hotter than hot, then when we got to the airport, he just stopped and he didn't even get out of the car. We got the luggage out and he left. We had never been treated like that before, so we are so happy to have Bully this year!!

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    This year there will be six of us total. I always rent a jeep for a couple days to tour the island, so I planned it out so as to pick up at airport when we get there, 4 will go in Jeep, 2 with luggage with Bully's family member. Should save us a few bucks, and we'll have the Jeep for a couple days to use for grocery shopping/exploring.

I am going by myself to the Divi on May 23rd. Was advised to take a cab to the Divi and a taxi back to the airport when I leave. Any suggestions on who I could email since I will be by myself. Thanks. Would like someone who would be kind enough to at least help me with my luggage. This will be the first time that I am using a Taxi.

Bully rocks!!!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    u when you exit the airport.
    the taxis are lined up and waiting for you and others.
    leave the airport ext and turn left, and the taxis await.
    most if not all, help with luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by vonnie View Post
    I am going by myself to the Divi on May 23rd. Was advised to take a cab to the Divi and a taxi back to the airport when I leave. Any suggestions on who I could email since I will be by myself. Thanks. Would like someone who would be kind enough to at least help me with my luggage. This will be the first time that I am using a Taxi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast