Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Babybeach
  • 2 Post By arubabob

Thread: Any feedback on Econo car rental?

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.

Any feedback on Econo car rental?

We like to rent right from the airport. Had started using Budget about 10 years ago. Used them for about 3-4 years, but the lady in the rental place rubbed me the wrong way and they were slow slow slow. Next, we switched to Amigo. Used them for the past 5 years. They started out great and each year have gotten worse and worse. We are looking to switch again. Thinking about Econo. Any feedback (positive and negative) about your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with which companies are at the airport. I'd recommend you broaden your scope and ask for the best car rental companies overall. Most of the off airport rental companies have a shuttle van that picks you up at the airport and it's a short hop to their off site office.

If you're willing to do that, Optima/Payless and Tropic are two that are regularly recommended as top notch for service.

We like Econo

We've used Econo for the last 10-15 years and usually go to Aruba twice a year. They've always treated us well. The cars have been good. This last trip the air went out in the car we rented and they came to our hotel and brought us a different car. I'd recommend you give them a try. We've been very happy.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Thanks Baby Beach.

AndyM - Tell that to my husband lol. He's very set in his ways and just wants to get off the plane and jump into the car.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We have used Econo several times and been happy with them. We try to use Tropic because Hans brings car to airport when we arrive and picks car up when we leave. He doesn't always have cars available for us though. Last year we used Budget. Car was fine, service was fine. The second year we went to Aruba was the first time we rented a car(1995). We made a reservation with Econo. At that time their office at the airport closed at 7pm. I sent them an email to tell them our flight on AA would not arrive until 9pm. They sent me an email back saying that the car would be next to their office with our name on the windshield and that the keys would be on the top of the drivers side front wheel and that we could fill out the paperwork the next morning at their LaQuinta location. Sure enough it was there. Don't think that would happen anywhere else.