Aruba Beach

Thread: anyone used budget or Avis at the airport?

anyone used budget or Avis at the airport?

They have some decent deals in June but not sure about the service. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Big Al

Quote Originally Posted by bigal3967 View Post
    They have some decent deals in June but not sure about the service. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Big Al
    We used Avis on our second trip to Aruba: they were terrible. They were closed when we arrived (afternoon on a Sunday) and we had a mad panic securing a car at Hertz (including paying "day of" versus advance rates). I don't know what we would have done if it had been high season.

We returned home and I demanded Avis pay the differential on the Hertz rental. They gave me the runaround for weeks because the agreement wasn't clearly visible on the multiple scans that I sent - the total amount was clear but the tax portion didn't print on the original properly. I think I spoke to eight people in total until a manager finally intervened and paid it.

We will never use Avis (or Budget) again no matter where we are in the world. Appalling customer service.

Hertz has has been perfect ever since including that day they saved us. You pay a premium but I've never had a problem with Hertz in twenty-five years of business and pleasure travel anywhere in the world.

And of course there are two sides to every rental car company. I used them in Aruba the first time we rented a car. No problems with pickup or drop off at the airport. Had a nice, almost new Kia. We don't use them anymore because much better deals can be found using off airport places like Royal and More4Less.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We used Budget 2 years ago because Hans was out of cars. Picked it up at the airport location. They had an intimidating sign posted about CDW. That kind of worried me. The car was new though. Their service, I must say was excellent. We drove to Baby Beach one morning to take our GD snorkeling. I put the keys in one of those waterproof deals that you hang around your neck. Of course it leaked and the keys got wet and would not work so we were stuck at baby beach. went to Big Mamas and called Budget. they sent a guy out with another set of keys and he got there before we finished our burgers. They did not charge me for it either. I learned a lesson that day. I always put those waterproof thingys in the sink now to check the seals before I use them. They do dry out after a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    And of course there are two sides to every rental car company. I used them in Aruba the first time we rented a car. No problems with pickup or drop off at the airport. Had a nice, almost new Kia. We don't use them anymore because much better deals can be found using off airport places like Royal and More4Less.
    I was more appalled by the lack of customer service at their corporate headquarters - they didn't seem interested in rectifying a situation that they even acknowledged they knew about (the kiosk being closed).

What about royal for jeeps. Anyone used them

when I first started going to Aruba I used Budget but the cars where old and smelled. I went with the advise of the forum and booked with Hans at Tropic Car always get a great car at a very good price I go to Aruba in August and I book my car in December. Have a graet trip. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Hans is booked up

Quote Originally Posted by bigal3967 View Post
    What about royal for jeeps. Anyone used them
    I've used Royal for cars for years with no problems. We went to rent a Jeep for a day and they didn't have one, but found one at another agency that they reserved for us.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ