Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aruba Royal

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling

Just Used Aruba Royal

We rented from Aruba Royal in April. We reserved a compact on line. When we got there, they gave us an older Sonata, which was bigger than the car we reserved. The price for the week was under $200 ($185). The car ran great, good air conditioning, but the speedometer didn't always work. That was a minor inconvenience.

When it was time to bring it back, we did, and no one was in the office to greet us and take us back to the airport (they are about 2 minutes away). We called the number on the door, and someone was there in 10 minutes.

All in all, they were cheaper than the majors that we rented with before, and just as good. So, we'd use them again.

Well I took a chance and made reservations for the next 8 days with them. I emailed Ardley and he was able to cut me a deal on a Jeep. So far he has been accomodating. I will keep you all posted.

TRNST7

ok, heres my review. So I emailed Ardley 2 days before our departure and negotiated for a Jeep for 8 days and got it for $275. I guess he figured it beat having it sit on the lot all week!! Anyways, we got there, they were waiting out front and brought us right over.

From the moment we left baggage claim to the time we were on the road (in our rental) was about 15 mins which was great. The actual Jeep itself left a lot to be desired but I guess for what we were using it for, it was sufficient enough. It was dirty and beat on, but after exploring the island for a week, I cant imagine any jeep staying in good condition long.

The day after we visited the Natural Pool (holy rocky ride), the front desk at the Surf Club called me to tell me that I had a flat tire!!! I started to stress because I had no idea how much it was going to cost me to get it fixed and if I'd be charged more. I went down to attempt to put the spare on and found out, the spare was flat too!!! I had no choice but to call them. When I called, they were VERY nice and within 30 mins, they had someone there replacing the tire and spare tire!! It was some of the best customer service i've ever seen.

So over all, the experience was great and we thoroughly enjoyed having the jeep. I dont know how we could have seen half of the things we saw without it. A normal rent a car wouldnt have cut it. It was older and dirty but you know what? who cares. It did its job at a great price with great service. I would rent from them again.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    I'm glad it worked out for you. Their cars seem to be a mix of old and new, but they do still seem to care and go the extra mile (no pun intended) which makes up for the age of some of the vehicles.

Speaking of the Natural Pool, we saw a guy trying to get there in a Hyundai Santa Fe on our ATV ride. Obviously, he didn't get very far!

Glad it worked out for you too. The first two times we were very happy with Royal as well. They were there to pick us up, everything you described until our last visit. Very frustrating as I have still not heard from Ardley with my refund that they promised. I have been waiting for months. I guess I will never hear from them. Too bad, as we travel to Aruba twice a year and each trip we stay for multiple weeks, that they are so willing to loose a customer over a relatively small amount of money. The money is principle, the fact that we couldn't get in touch with them on numerous attempts both in Aruba and once we returned home is more of a issue!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We rented 3 vehicles from Royal in August. Two were for 2 weeks and one was a one-day jeep rental. Great service, rented a compact & got a Ford Escape which they allowed us to keep for the full 2 weeks because they had no compacts available. Tried to rent a vehicle appropriate to go to the Natural Pool with from another company and as we were pulling out of the parking lot the vehicle from the other company lost all it's coolant! Ardley came to our rescue with the jeep wrangler. My 3rd time rental from Royal and my 3rd awesome experience with them.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I rent from Royal approx. 8 x a year and they are always at the airport for pickup and at the office for drop off. If I have an early flight I will notify ahead of time and leave car at airport parking lot with ticket. Some of the cars are old but I have used other companies in the past and Royal will give you the best deal. I have also had issues with other smaller companies charging more than what they tell you. Like most rental cars on the island they take a beating and if I have a problem they always replace vehicle witha different one. They do offer cash specials and weekly specials for repeat guests.

Aruba Royal

Anyone have insight into this rental company? Good/Bad experiences?

Any information would be great. They appear to do Airport Pickup/Dropoff and have good rates.

Thanks!

I called Tropic and they are booked for my dates. He suggested Optima and Deals ON wheels. Anyway heard of Deals ON Wheels?

Never heard of Deals ON wheels. Used to use Royal, but the quality of their vehicles declined drastically over the years.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f38/aruba-royal-car-rental-38049/

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast