Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aruba Royal

Little David B&B, north side of the island, local beer
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeAruba View Post
    Anyone have insight into this rental company? Good/Bad experiences?

Any information would be great. They appear to do Airport Pickup/Dropoff and have good rates.

Thanks!

Amigo has done a very good job of customer service but rent the new vehicle. I had problems with the older Suzuki's they use to have but they were very good on customer service. I had another one in about 15 - 20 minutes.

Royal is good.

Rented from Royal twice.
    They are reasonable and cheaper than any other rental company. Did not like couple of cars that they offered, but they were quick replacing those cars. Anyways, if you don't like something, speak up and Royal will accomodate you.
    Life is funny in NYC, especially on Broad Street. Aruba is my cure!.

I have rented from them a few times as well, always the best deal on the island (Jeeps) and replaced our jeep with a new one in an hour after we had a small problem. I will be renting from them again next week.

Hi, used Tropic last year for the first time they where great meet us at the Airport the car was clean and ran great after two weeks they where there at the airport to take the car from us using them again this year.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    if hans at tropic recommended optima, take that advice.
    tropic was sold out for us once and on hans' recommendation, we used optima.
    GOOD experience.
    IMO tropic is still the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeAruba View Post
    Anyone have insight into this rental company? Good/Bad experiences?

Any information would be great. They appear to do Airport Pickup/Dropoff and have good rates.

Thanks!

He sure did recommend Optima! I called right after and I have a car booked. They said they would be at the airport holding a sign. Rate was reasonable. Crossing my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if hans at tropic recommended optima, take that advice.
    tropic was sold out for us once and on hans' recommendation, we used optima.
    GOOD experience.
    IMO tropic is still the best.

Used royal a couple times, beat up suvs but good customer service, had one break down but they came and replaced it when I called without any problems.
    Used to use amigo, but as someone else mentioned the older vehicles are pretty beat up..the reason we didnt care was because we took them out to NP and so didnt want to worry about a new one...problem is the prices went up and quality down.
    used american the last 3 years but this last time the vehicle felt like it was going to fall apart at any minute...
    Have never used tropic or optima but if andrea and some of the others have then I would go by their opinions...
    Which ever you choose make sure you take a few trips around the island and see as much as you can,,,,,there is a lot to do if you look in the right places.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Got a jeep from Royal last year and it was the worst vehicle I've ever driven. Suspension was shot, top was mangled and we had to stop and put air in the tires every day. They had nothing else available and would not offer a refund so we were stuck with it.

Anyone use American??

IGUANNA JOES, FISHING CHARTERS, SHOPPING, BABY BEACH,BUGALOOS
    We used American a couple of years ago and didn't like them...had a leak in our tire and it took 2 days for them to fix it. We were afraid to drive it and miss them showing up to fix it.

We've used Royal for 4 years now and yes the suv's are old but they run fine. We had a flat tire one morning and they were there within an hour to fix it. They are prompt picking you up and dropping you off and the customer service is good.
    My husband is there now and had them drop it at the hotel this year and they were there on time and he's happy with the car.
    WAYNE+CYNDYANN

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast