Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aruba Royal

Royal rent a car

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeAruba View Post
    Anyone have insight into this rental company? Good/Bad experiences?

Any information would be great. They appear to do Airport Pickup/Dropoff and have good rates.

Thanks!
    We reserved with Royal, we were met at the airport by a driver with a sign with our name on it. that was great, we reserver with Royal becouse of there offer of a free cell phone, when we arrived at the rental office they told me they were out of cars( we reserved in October for a February Vacation) they said they had a car accross the parking lot for us. we went for that car becouse what choise did we have now that we were away from the airport. the Yaris we reserved turned into a chevy sprint that would not colse the hatch on. we objected and the reluctantly gave us a newer Kia Tiny car. all went fair from there with smart car rental. However Royal promised us at that time to honor the cell phone agreement, allthough they were out of them at that time. we drove to there office everyday and they continued to lead us on that they would have a phone tomorrow. I had even called two days early to try to get the phone # of our temporary phone so I could leave it with our children,( one daughter expecting to deliver sooner than her due date) and they assured me they would label our aggrement with a priority code. We never got a phone. I would not use them again.

we think royal used our credit card too..when we were there last march someone used our card in florida..and they were they only place we had used that credit card..

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Can you rent without using a credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Can you rent without using a credit card?
    https://www.arubaroyal.com/information.html
    "What is the procedure in renting a vehicle?
    To rent a vehicle you need a major credit card and are at least 23 years of age."

They use the credit card to insure a deposit/hold on your credit. You may pay by cash when you return the vehicle, however I believe it defeats your purpose of not giving them your credit card number.

We have used Royal for the last 3 years and have been happy with their vehicles and service. Their rates are lower than most of the rental firms on the island. We aren't looking for a fancy vehicle, just a cheap one that will get us where we want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    https://www.arubaroyal.com/information.html
    "What is the procedure in renting a vehicle?
    To rent a vehicle you need a major credit card and are at least 23 years of age."

They use the credit card to insure a deposit/hold on your credit. You may pay by cash when you return the vehicle, however I believe it defeats your purpose of not giving them your credit card number.
    Thanks Lisa. I do remember reading that now that I see this. Sorry to waste your time with the question.

Aruba since 1979
    lisa and i do not think any of this is wasting time.
    everyone's question is important.

Thanks Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    lisa and i do not think any of this is wasting time.
    everyone's question is important.
    Absolutely

We used Royal last May...They were great! No problems whatsoever...Picked up right on time...Car was usual Corolla...decent shape...Good luck!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast