Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Royal Rental

IGUANNA JOES, FISHING CHARTERS, SHOPPING, BABY BEACH,BUGALOOS

Aruba Royal Rental

We're leaving for Aruba March 1st.With the new aiport situation I was wondering if anyone has used Aruba Royal rental car service and how the pick up was at the airport? Were they waiting and was it quick to the new car pick up location?
    Thanks for any info.
    WAYNE+CYNDYANN

On another board I read that they will be waiting with a sign and then drive you to their office. Wasn't a problem.

Thanks That's what I was hoping.
    WAYNE+CYNDYANN

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!

Red face

I would love to know how this turns out for you. I was considering Royal because of the free cell phone rental, but my concern is getting stuck at the airport waiting for them to pick us up!

Hi, When I went to Aruba I rented from Ace car rental and they were awesome! After getting bags, going thru customs etc.. We headed outside and there was a man wearing an ACE sign with peoples last names on it. When we approached him he radioed for a car and they were there in 30 seconds. The owner Adolf, picked us up and brought us to their new location we finished the paper work and we were off in our Yaris! When we returned the car to them they drove us back to the airport in it and dropped us right outside!

Hope this helps!

We rented from Royal the last two years. This past year they were still in the Airport the last building on the end across from the terminal. Yes they do give you a free phone. However, I don't know if I would use them again. Both times I waited over an hour for a car and they had my reservation. If they moved any slower the would move in reverse. They said they had to prep the cars. After getting the car if thats what they consider a car should look like it was dirty and did not have a full tank of gas. I was told bring the car back with the same amount of gas. Do you know how hard it is to put in almost 3/4 of a tank not 3/4 but just under. I guess they hope that you will go over and they make out on the deal. Well I guess I came in a little less then what they thought should be there and wanted to charge me $7.00 so they could put in the right amount in. I suggested that they just fill the cars before renting and ask for them back the same way. I was told that would take too long. I told them that could not be any longer than the hour I waited to get the car in the first place. Bottom line I would probably be finding another place next year. Service is not the greatest. And no I did not give them the $7.00.

Royal in ther Q&A section states that they will pay for taxi fare from the Airport to there new rental site. No Royal employee take a taxi..

I Hope They Aren't That Bad. I Had Read Awhile Ago That They Had A Good Reputation.
    We Used American Last Year And Had A Very Old Jeep With A Slow Leak We Had To Keep Filling. I Wanted To Try Someone New And Hopefully Better.
    Anyone Else Use Them And Have Better Results?
    WAYNE+CYNDYANN

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!
    We used American before and were also considering them again. I mean the car was a older blue cavalier, with BLACK (gasp!) interior and not really clean but it got us around and on most days it sat in the Bucuti parking lot, cooking up a good steam. It served its purpose.

But a car w/ a problem that will create stress and possibly a charge on my credit card (which is very fragile these days.)

So...the jury is still out...

American Car Rental

Last year we rented a Suzuki XL7 SUV from American. While it was an older vehicle, it was fine and as Corinne said, it served its purpose. They offered the best price that we could find at the time, and the overall experience was satisfactory. We have a reservation with them again this Saturday for 10 days.

We have read very little (good or bad) about American, so we're giving them another try - a Yaris this year. We attempted to book Tropic 4 months in advance, but Hans was totally booked at that point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast