Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: arubus to Baby Beach

Aruba since 1979
    Anyway,I personally think this is a wonderful option for many. But it is important when taking the bus back to your resort, be free of sand and dry. The bus drivers (as well as taxi drivers) can deny a ride if one is drippy wet or sandy.

This is a great option for families on cruise ships as baby beach is so great for the little ones. (us adults like it also LOL.) The only thing I don't care for is not much shade at all. You can also go snorkeling---if there are still fish to be seen.

Sorry I cannot post the link, but this is part of an article from "the Morning News"

"...The three targeted areas are Baby Beach in San Nicolas, which is often frequented by vacationers, Surfside, on the eastern end of Oranjestad, adjacent to the airport, and the bay at Cura Cubai, at the western end of San Nicolas, which is rarely visited, but offers excellent conditions for many water activities.

The Surfside area is a popular place with islanders, particularly on weekends. The area to be developed is between the Plaza Turismo and the airport, and is actually a part of the second phase of development of the Aruba Linear Park. This will eventually stretch along the coastline, from the Reina Beatrix International Airport to north of Malmok and beyond Palm Beach. Minister Sevinger signed the official agreement for commencement of the second phase of the park two week ago.

All three beaches will be groomed and landscaped with increased foliage and parking areas. Concession stands for water activities and snacks will be added, as well as public sanitation facilities, adequate refuse containers, and reinforced piers for fishing boats at Surfside and Cura Cabai.

Minister Oduber cited the many advantages of improving these areas, which convinced the government to propose the projects and Parliament to approve them. The benefits will be both to visitors and the community in general. Part of the plan entails arranging with several of the cruise ships to deploy these beaches for their passengers when calling in Oranjestad Harbor. This will relieve the congestion that often occurs along Palm Beach, where the shorefront is already crowded with hotel guests. By directing the vast number of single-day visitors to these attractive, empty beaches, the vacation experience will be improved for both cruise ship passengers and stay over visitors. ..."

At the present time, you can rent chaises and shade from vendors at Baby Beach

There are some free shade palapas as well

Click on thumbnails to enlarge

We have ridden the bus to San Nicolas several times. The station is small and about two blocks from Charlie's.

So we decided this is the definite answer and we are sticking to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes SN is san nic and i never saw the bus terminal there.

Looks like Line 1 thru 3A, then in SN (san nic) pick up the bus to baby beach.
    Which bus though, Line 1 - 3A is the shortest/quickest/most direct route to the San Nic bus station?
    http://arubus.com/schedules/

Aruba since 1979
    huh?
    i used the map and schedule listed on their site.
    i have not got a reply to my email query.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    So we decided this is the definite answer and we are sticking to it?

When we take the bus to San Nic, we catch the bus in the high rise to "Orangestad" and transfer to the bus that says "San Nicolas" on the front banner at the downtown terminal. Trying to remember line numbers and such is just too much trouble. We have always noticed the buses have good signage, at least up front. I would assume the bus to Baby Beach would have a sign stating it's destination as such. Going back we catch the bus to "Orangestad" and transfer to the bus that says "High Rise". It's pretty simple, even after the consumption of an adult beverage or three.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12