Aruba Beach

Thread: AruBUS Pass Reduced Fare Info

AruBUS Pass Reduced Fare Info

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Arubus.
    No you canít buy a smartcard at the airport. This can only be purchase at our main office which is located at Sabana Blanco 67.
    We are open from Monday to Friday.8am to 4:30pm.

If you have a smart card each trip will cost about $1,50 and if you donít have a smartcard it will cost you about $2,50.

If anything please donít hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Channela Maldonado

RE: Hello,
    Can I buy and add dollars on a smartcard for Arubus at the airport? How much is fare with a Smartcard versus Cash in dollars?

Aruba since 1979
    i am kind of surprised that an employee from the arubbus would add the duh () seems a bit snarky or inapproriate imo.

i think a smart card,for a week or 2's use would not be beneficial to the typical tourist. i think the smart card is intended for daily users/residents. but i might be wrong. what is the cost of the smart card?

QUOTE=aruba2099;244970]Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Arubus.
    No you canít buy a smartcard at the airport. This can only be purchase at our main office which is located at Sabana Blanco 67.
    We are open from Monday to Friday.8am to 4:30pm.

If you have a smart card each trip will cost about $1,50 and if you donít have a smartcard it will cost you about $2,50.

If anything please donít hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Channela Maldonado

RE: Hello,
    Can I buy and add dollars on a smartcard for Arubus at the airport? How much is fare with a Smartcard versus Cash in dollars?[/QUOTE]

Good point. If the Smart Card has a cost involved, then it may not be worth it. Usually they are just a simple paper with a magnetic strip or something, and could be free?

I just looked at the Arubus website and the info is a bit sketchy, but it looks like a card you can get and reload with money for rides at a reduced rate. I agree that it might not be worth it for just a week, but there was mention of 20 free introductory rides.

http://arubus.com/rules-regulations/

Good information. If you have a family you can use the same card for each passenger. I belive that should save some money!

The bus driver told me that you have to be a resident to get a card.