Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

Randi we have rented a mini-van in June.

Thumbs down It was too good to be true!

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, we can not confirm these reservations. While maintaining our rates ,there were some mistakes and you could made reservation on it. These prices do not exsist, we can not rent a van for $10. per day.So all these reservations will be cancelled by Avis Aruba. If you want I can confirm reservations for these periods you need a car. Booking now you will have the best rate for high season.

Thanks,

Lidia Pourier
    Avis Rent a Car Aruba
    Reservations
    Tel.(002-97)582-7202
    Email:lpourier@avis.aw

I have just spoken with an Avis Customer service representative. They are investigating this whole thing.
    What she did tell me was if you booked on the Avis Aruba website and you are not a resident of Aruba, they will be able to NOT honour your reservation. If you booked under Avis.com (US) or Avis.ca (Canada), they maybe.......
    You are supposed to book where you reside.

My question is, even if they do "honour" the reservation, what is stopping this location to say they are out of cars when we arrive?

Will keep you all posted!

Last edited by Randi; 04-23-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Angry Avis Deals

I emailed her and stated that my reservation will be honored a glitch in the sytem is afvis problem not the customer and that I hope that my rate remains valid when I arrive. all I need is smoke coming out my ears i am hot as fish grease in the states businesses eat their mistakes chew chew avis.

Aruba since 1979

disappointed and disgusted

those ____________ (fill in the blank)!

andrea

Andrea,
    I will let you know what happens but it is good that others complain too!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

dh spoke to AVIS USA at their toll free number, the woman stated, "that it is a valid contract 156.00 total and they MUST rent a that rate".

He emailed the Aruba email addy above, will post if/when we receive a response.

Aruba since 1979

i encourage you to write to ms pourier

this is what i sent to the email addy provided

dear ms pourier

hi, my name is andrea james and i am the forum moderator for the ATA (community forum website)

i invite you to visit the thread that was begun as "does avis have a scam?" i changed the title as the scam title was very inappropriate

i too have made a reservation, have a confirmation and got an economy sized car for $154.03 for 2 weeks jan 21- feb 4

i made my reservation online

many many folks on the government sponsored ATA site have made their reservations thru avis site

as a representative of the ATA and the moderator of the goverment sponsored tourism site, i certainly hope and expect that you will be forthcoming to me and the members of our forum......your customers.

please let us know what the real deal is

folks are now screaming scam bait and switch and are talking about taking further actions
    please please please reply to this email and tell me what is happening with the great pricing that we got thru the avis site.

please click the link and read the threads

all of us that received our confirmations will be quite distressed if we find that avis in aruba does not honor the confirmations.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f38/avis-deals-renamed-thread-38383/

i look forward to your reply and welcome you to ATA's Community Forum

thanks
    andrea james

Andrea, that is fantastic!

Arubalisa, Avis Canada told me the same thing, originally, that they have to honour the contract but WHAT DO WE DO IF WE SHOW UP AND THEY SAY, SORRY NO CARS? We can have confirmations from here to tomorrow but then what?

The Avis customer service person I spoke to told me that unless I get something in writing denying that price they could not get involved. Well today they got involved and I am awaiting their response!

I also have the managers email address at Avis and he gave me his person gmail address. Do I give that out???

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    ...What she did tell me was if you booked on the Avis Aruba website and you are not a resident of Aruba, they will be able to NOT honour your reservation. If you booked under Avis.com (US) or Avis.ca (Canada), they maybe.......
    You are supposed to book where you reside......
    That's the biggest bul... I'v ever heard... geee

Dh called AVIS USA again and spoke to a "rates agent" and though she sympathized said it is a franchisee and they can do whatever they wish.

Needless to say he told them where they could place our reservation and promised never to use them again in the future adding that it would also be posted here as well. I am sure she cared-- <<NOT>> !!

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast