Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

Aruba since 1979

Randi, sorry no van, but supposed to be a intermiate suv, but still haven't totally made up my mind, got the deal, rec'd confirmation from Avis, even called today and they verified the rate i got to be correct. Just going to give it some more thought and keep reading what people write, and wait till someone else goes first. ( scaredy cat that I am - sorry )
    I was reading something on line today about Mirandas ( excuse spelling ) , anyway,they were telling you ,if you get lost in finding this place , follow signs they say General aviation and I thought to myself, now ,if I knew where this place was I might just know where this Avis location is, if that is the same thing.

[quote=Andrea J.;137614]

THAT IS HILAROUS!! You really made me laugh!

I think, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! Ok, everyone, we are a large group of people, we need to stand up and speak out! Where is Avis international in all of this? They need to do something, people start calling the customer service international department and start complaining. Remember, power is in the internet so let's use it and let them know we are going to use it!!

happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    i just spoke with mike at custoer service and he guaranteed to me that avis everywhere has to honor a confirmed reservation

that being said he told me to call another customer service number after 8:30 central time tomorrow

CALL tomorrow 800 352 7900
    give them your confirmation number
    give them the name of the aruuba avis manager LIDIA POURIER
    and stand firm in iinsisting that the rate is honored

let's see how we do acting as a unified body

andrea

Andrea,
    Sorry didn't read your previous writing, can't believe avis is doing this to everyone, excellent letter, hopefully this person will jump on this forum and read what people have to say, and confirmations they have ,and should be honored , such a big rental car agency, i for one am a wizard member, and I have to agree with Randi and everyone else , they don't know who they're " Messin" with, As they say " together we stand divided we fall " let us all kick some butt here , make our calls, write our letters also, hopefully they will do the right thing

Avis Deals

Linda Purier emailed me and stated all reservations will be rebooked. I replied that I will file a complaint and avis error is not my fault. International stated my reservation stands. I am going down fighting.

New2Aruba

I to booked a compact for $ 85 for the week including all taxes. Well I called the customer service # above and they stated it was a clich in the system and will not honor that rate. I complained for 30 min. to two different people stating that it was not my clich and they have to honor that rate. They told me over and over again that it was a computer clich and so sorry. I told them over and over that is was not my fault and I have a confirmation # that states. I went off for a while but it is just not going to happen. I am leaving May 24th, and still have my rental through Tropic and they will bring the car to me at the airport for a total of $175 including all fees.

Unhappy Avis Deals

Just spoke with customer service the avis in aruba is privately owned not corporatly owned that is why they can tell us they will rebook us. Customer Service was going to give me a refund after my rental but they were unable to do that because it was not a corporate avis. I can rent a compact for $175 for the week but it is the principle and I plan to tell this avis story to everyone that will listen when I arrive in aruba in 34 days.

I must be doing something wrong, I'm getting abetter price at the General Aviation than the Schlondstraat location
    8/22-9/5/09

Aruba since 1979
    i just got off of the phone with avis corporate customer service supervisor "kathleen"

she told me the same

since the avis in aruba is privately owned and not corporate owned there is nothing avis corporate can do to appease us that got the royal "rodgering" by avis in aruba

she apologize profusely and said avis corp will run a thorough investigation but it will have no consequence to our reservations

in other wordsn (mine)......we are at the mercy of avis in aruba and their price scams
    andrea

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast