Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

aVIS DEALS

l checked lidia was rebooking all the incorrect rate i still have my confirmation and my rate I think she was waiting for me to modify my confirmation which I wont do but it would not be fair for someone to go to the counter and then be told the new rate is this price. I think they need to honor all the people that went on line and reserved a vehcile but we are at their mercy. but I am contemplating my next move.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyg2u View Post
    I plan to tell this avis story to everyone that will listen when I arrive in aruba in 34 days.
    I posted a link to this thread on my blog about this as well.
    http://www.bloggingtoaruba.com/my_weblog/2009/04/avis-aruba-deals-if-it-sounds-too-good-to-be-true.html

Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-24-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i just got off of the phone with avis corporate customer service supervisor "kathleen"

she told me the same

since the avis in aruba is privately owned and not corporate owned there is nothing avis corporate can do to appease us that got the royal "rodgering" by avis in aruba

she apologize profusely and said avis corp will run a thorough investigation but it will have no consequence to our reservations

in other wordsn (mine)......we are at the mercy of avis in aruba and their price scams
    andrea
    Andrea,QUICK...Call Hanns before he is out of cars.
    I knew this was to good to be true.Never used Avis never will.

Aruba since 1979
    thank goodness i never cancelled my reservation with hans!

i have a mission
    avis is going to regret messing with me and my community, my friends.

OK now I'm really confused.I just got off the phone with Avis customer service and they said if you have a confirmation they have to honor it.They also said if there was a problem that they would take car of it,all you have to do is call customer service.I'm not canceling until some one gets to Aruba and goes to Avis to get there car.But im still CONFUSED...

Aruba since 1979
    danny
    book HANS
    NOW!

my earlier post
    i just got off of the phone with avis corporate customer service supervisor "kathleen"

she told me the same

since the avis in aruba is privately owned and not corporate owned there is nothing avis corporate can do to appease us that got the royal "rodgering" by avis in aruba

she apologize profusely and said avis corp will run a thorough investigation but it will have no consequence to our reservations

in other words (mine)......we are at the mercy of avis in aruba and their price scams
    andrea

Hanns,
    I really like doing business with him anyway.I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

danny o , i agree, from the beginning i said the same thing, 2 good 2 b true, just once i thought gee , we all got lucky here, stupid, stupid stupid. I'm not giving up yet,however, who is Hans and can i get email address on him. thanks

Hanns is the owner of a small rental company that only has small cars.His rates are the lowest and the cars are in very good condition.The reason we like him is that he meets you at the gate,helps with the bags and you cross the road to the parking lot and fill out some papers and you are on your way to start your vacation.His website is TROPIC CAR RENTAL Email tropiccarrent@setarnet.aw If you need a small car this is the company to use.
    Last edited by DANNYO; 04-24-2009 at 10:10 PM.

I feel better now I booked with Tropic,but I didn't cancel Avis yet

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast