Aruba Beach
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

I'm not familiar with Aruban law but US companies are not required to honor prices that are mis-prints in newspapers or on websites. If the prices were the result of an inadvertent error, there should be no expectation of getting that rate. Then again, if there is a problem, they should be contacting everyone immediately in order to resolve any problems.

Don't think Aruban law has anything like consumer protection laws. Had been
    shot down many times over the years about "advertised" or even the price on an item only for them to say - no that price is wrong and they don't honor it....

Thumbs down car rentals

We went through the same price thing last year only with Alamo. We booked 2 weeks car rental in Aruba on the Alamo website for $89 per week...I even called Alamo twhiole still in the states to be certain...they said all was good. I had the Alamo confirmation in my hand when we went to pick up the car at the airport after we flew in and they would not acknowledge that price. They said someone made a mistake putting the prices on their website and they would not give us the price we got confirmed for even though I showed them the confirmation and told them that I even double checked with a call to Alamo while still in the states. They said that was a stateside problem and we can complain to Alamo when we get home. Big deal. We went next door to Thrifty and paid even less than what Alamo wanted to charge me at the counter in Aruba. Will never book with Alamo again no matter where and no matter what the rate. They were even very nasty.
    If anyone has booked at an unbelieveable rate better back it up with something else because they will not give you the cheaper rate once you get to Aruba no matter what. This seems to be a little scam going on with the rental companys.

Thumbs down Avis Deals

That could happen to me i would have confirmation in hand so I need a back up plan and i wont use avis again at this late in the game from the airport can I catch the bus or I will just contact bully I will be at the ocean club so I can walk to where ever I need to go is that correct. I plan to go to the Royal Plaza Mall I plan to go on the Cruise with Tattoo so I figure between buses and taxi I will be fine although it would have been nice to have a car.

Well I finally spoke with a supervisor and was "officially" told that Avis could not honour the reservation. An "investigation" is being put forth on this matter. I told the supervisor that numerous people have reservations and have not been informed that their reservation is null and void. He could not comment!

I asked how could a large organization basically wipe their hands of the situation by saying that Avis Aruba is an international company and not the same owner as the North American Avis. I told the supervisor then when renting a vehicle from Aruba we should be directed to rent directly from the Avis Aruba and they should not get involved at all, especially when their agents continually tell customers not too worry as confirmations will be honoured!!

Ladyg2u, you can take taxi's and buses, no problem. If you are situated in the high rise district a lot of restaurants are within walking distance. However, some of the other good places are taxi only. Good luck!!

EVERYONE LET'S KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi,

Great signature, I'm glad your speading the LOVE ( not )

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Randi,

Great signature, I'm glad your speading the LOVE ( not )

Thanks! I hoping for some other followers....
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi, Well..doesn't that just suck.....just like the saying someone posted earlier...if it's too good to be true....
    Oh well, I have confirmed reservations with American and was going to cancel...something told me not to....glad I kept them.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Just curious fellow Avis confirmed reservation people:

Has anyone got an email from Avis Aruba stating that their reservation has been cancelled and that they should rebook??

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Just curious fellow Avis confirmed reservation people:

Has anyone got an email from Avis Aruba stating that their reservation has been cancelled and that they should rebook??
    Only because we emailed Aruba. AND they took the liberty of re-booking for us! at a MUCH MUCH higher price. Needless to say we cancelled.

Interesting there are still some "bargains" prices showing up for pick ups at General Aviation for certain categories of vehicles.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast